Old MacDonald had a farm,
Ee i ee i oh!
And on that farm he had some cows,
Ee i ee i oh!
With a moo-moo here,
And a moo-moo there
Here a moo, there a moo,
Everywhere a moo-ooo
Old MacDonald had a farm,
Ee i ee i oh!
Okay - what's that all about? Well a cow of course! I do not know why I'm letting a cow intimidate me but I am. Remember my chair pads I'm making, well the order is for 8 of them. I have posted pics of four of them. This week I've been working on the last four. I have 2 more done (a cat and another house) and halfway thru a version of the a quilt pattern "Tulip Cross". The cow will be the last one!
Heck I've grown up surrounded by farms - even have ridden my sled under a cow before (My grandmother's house was built in hill and my Mom's cousin's farm was across the street and down a hill - we would have someone hold open the wire fence and toboggan and sled from my Grandmothers hill all the way down to the creek - often there were cows in the way so we would duck and go between their legs! They would just stand there! So why am I afraid of hooking this cow?
Who knows? Let's just hope I find some inspiration soon!
Several people have left comments and emailed me about my Snowballs. Thanks for all your comments.
Here is how I assembled them.
After hooking the snowman I put modpodge around the last row of hooking (You can use any type of glue or fray check - just something to hold the backing .
After it is dry - cut the backing away as close to the last row of hooking as you can.
I then took twine and threaded it with a needle into the backing of the snowball to make a hanger.
Then I cut (with my pinking shears) a piece of wool slightly larger than the snowball.
Glue the backing on and let dry - and then trim away extra wool if needed.
Done!
This is basically how I made my magnets too and have made pins like this before. Easy peasy
Have a great week!

5 comments:
Hey Mrs MacDonald! I can't wait to see your cow :) I know it will be just as great as all the others, and I'm telling ya, you'll probably enjoy it the most since you kept it for last!
Mrs. MacDonald ~ I like that :)
I'm sure Mr. Cow will be wonderful ~ just like everything you do!
Hugs :)
Lauren
Hey Joanne,
It's primitive, remember! It doesn't have to be perfect!
You can do this. It will probably turn out to be the best one!
You can hook the cow! Get busy girl! :)
Thanks for the 'how to' for the snowballs. They really are cute! I can see bunches of them hanging from a wool feather tree. :)
YOU afraid to hook anything????
PULEEEEASE!!!!!
The cow looks adorable.
My favorite neighborhood cow is a little gray spotted one.....like an appaloosa.
Post a Comment