That's right, no crying for me today!
As some of you know I got to New York every year for a girl's weekend and we often see one or two plays. For the last couple of years we have been trying to get tickets to see Jersey Boys but has always been sold out the weekends we are up there.
Well Jersey Boys is at the Forrest Theater in Philadelphia from September until December of this year. So my friend and I got tickets.
Started the day driving to her house. One of her houses is near Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. It turned out to be a beautiful day (rain was expected) so we walked to South Street - maybe 10 blocks away - and walked "South Street". Truthfully it wasn't that great. Haven't been there for years except for a concert at the TLA a few years ago, but nothing like it was years ago with unique shops and just a good feeling. Now it just seemed dirtier, grittier, too many costumey and I don't know how to describe type stores! LOL I guess if you are going to eat though it's not bad -lots of little cafes and cheesesteak places, etc. We ate at Jon's Bar and Grille (It's the birthplace of Larry Fine from the Three Stooges - he was born in the building that houses the restaurant - i think 1902 or around there)
After lunch (it was after three anyway) we walked back and just relaxed for a bit.
The play started at 7:30 so her husband dropped us off in front of the theater.
I have to say - the play was great - really fast paced and fun. I would recommend this even if you are not a huge fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (I also had forgotten how many "hits" this group had) and I never really knew the background of their beginnings and career and family lives. It was really interesting and fun. I would actually go see this one again. It was 2 1/2 hours long but felt like it was over fast!
After the play we taxi'd back to my friends place and I decided not to spend the night as my Dad just got out of the hospital and my Mom has plans to go with friends to Lancaster tomorrow and wants someone to check in on my Dad a few times during the day. So I thought it better I come home rather than rushing home tomorrow.
A fun day though and I'm thankful the weather held out.
Well off to give some tigers some treats!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Hi Joanne,
Sounds like a great time! I remember when the Four Seasons were in their heyday. Shows how OLD I am!!! Hey, even a BABY can remember music! LOL!!!
Glad your Dad is doing better and out of the hospital.
Give those kitties a hug for me!
oh wow. I remember them! You're just too good to be true...oh pretty baby, what a night...hahaha! LOVE their songs!
Hey! Sounds like a great day!
So glad you finally got to see the show!! Sounded like it was a lot of fun :)
Big hugs and well wishes for your Dad today!!!
Joanne ~
Sounds like a fun day!
Glad your dad is out of the hospital!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren
WOW I remember them! Just love the oldies and glad you had a good time. Lots of hugs and kisses for your dad and for you and the kitties.
WOW I remember them! Just love the oldies and glad you had a good time. Lots of hugs and kisses for your dad and for you and the kitties.
WOW I remember them! Just love the oldies and glad you had a good time. Lots of hugs and kisses for your dad and for you and the kitties.
First off...i must say, Big Girls do cry in my neighborhood!!
I love your blog background...i think i may actually be jealous of it..just alittle..oh okay a whole lot!
Sounds like a great play, I love oldies.
Debbie
We saw Jersey Boys here in Raleigh NC last year (2009) and loved it!! So glad you got a chance to see it too. I will go see it again anytime! Hugs, Jane
I love your blog! I am a cat lover
as you are!
Hi Joanne, Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to follow yours but counldn't see where to sign up!?
Post a Comment