Well today probably went better in terms of people knowing the "rug hooking" craft. Only had one "latch hook" comment - Shocking I know!
I also had some repeat customers which was nice and I few asked if I could do this or that so I gave them my card to contact me if they decide to go ahead with anything. I also mentioned I have rugs in the CP year round so they can always go in there as I change rugs around or ask for something there.
Sales were about the same as yesterday which made me happy. There weren't nearly as many people in the village today, however, we were lucky to have the rain hold out. My favorite customers of the day had to be the couple who bought two rugs and didn't even look at the price first! Wish there had been more of those types (LOL!) I did have a couple of people tell me (ones that understands handcrafts) tell me my prices were too low while others I'm sure shuddered at the prices.
My husband, again, made it there this morning after I had drug everything from the parking lot to the spot, but he did come this evening and help me load everything up and take everything in which was nice. I took the display rack and table back to my uncles, and when I got home it started drizzling - perfect timing!
Here's some pics of today's both (around mid-morning before I re-straigthened up things) I had to smoosh myself a bit today so set up a little different. She was having another vendor out front with us so we had to "downsize" our areas
Now the pretzel guy - he must have did well again! The vendor next to me went up to him and asked how he did yesterday - Apparently he sold out at 600 pretzels at $3.00 and his partner was at another event and sold 1600 pretzels! Me thinks maybe I should start rolling out pretzel dough!
Well I think I'm off to read a book instead of thinking or doing anything else today!
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Hi Joanne - glad you did OK. Sometimes the follow up is better than the actual show. Guess we should all start making pretzels!!!
Joanne ~
{Blogger just ate my comment. GGRRRR!!!}
I'm glad the show went well and the weather held out for you. It is just a nasty day here in Ohio and our local outdoor show had to be a bust. I know the weather kept me away.
You have a whole year to perfect your pretzel recipe!
Hugs :)
Lauren
Hi Joanne,
You must be exhausted! Glad it turned out good for you today. While hooking my next rug I'm going to be thinking.....gee maybe I should be making pretzels!
Hope all the leads are fruitful!
Cathy G
Awww a pretzel only last a few minutes but a rug can last a lifetime. Glad the rain held off...hope you get some rest!
Hi Joanne, Your booth set up looked so nice. All the hours you spent making everything! I can relate to the "latch hook" comments. When guests come in to the basket shop where I work at Historic Sauder Village I get comments - "Oh, Longaberger baskets!" Hello - I don't think so! These are made without a mold and any bozo walking in off the street can't work here! Isn't it amazing that we should all make pretzels or cheap plastic jewelry that everyone buys for their little kids! Have a good week. ~Ann
Oh, Joanne, the joys of shows! LOL!
Don't bother with just pretzels, ANY food will sell! And unlike a nice rug, it's gone in an instant and you do not get years of enjoyment out of it. Maybe several hours of heartburn! Hahaha!
Put that latch hook away and get out the recipe book!
Oh man! You deserve a break, for sure! I got a better look at the rack in this pic and it looks heavy! Glad Phil was around to help you! I'm thinking I'm going to have to visit the mall today to get a hot buttery pretzel now... dangit! ;-)
Oooooohhhhhh I would have loved to have been a shopper at your booth!!!! What fun.
I bet there is going to be a run on looking up pretzel recipes......and all of us gaining 5 lbs!!!!! My mouth was salivating and I don't even like pretzels!
How's Little Miles?
I just ran across your blog and can truly say that I am glad I did. I want to know how to rug hook so bad. Not many people in our area are into that. I checked at one of our sewing shops and they occasionaly give lessons..I'm on the list...but so far...NO call..
Enjoyed visting you.
Shug
Post a Comment