Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Making Christmas

So hard to believe we got snow this weekend - and not just a dusting - had to shovel and scrape! Yuk is all I have to say.  At least though we had power, I know others lost power for a day or so and even today I went to go to the pet food store and it was closed due to no power.  Hard to believe the first snow did this!

Well Jonesy loves to hang out with me and he's a little beside himself since the little guy has now moved from the carrier, to the closet, to the hooking room - hey he's growing so fast and "buzzing" around he needs space now.  I can't leave Jonesy alone with him because he's too rough with him - he even picked him up to swing him about but we caught him in time.  The little guy swats back but still - Jonesy is so rough.  Something I never expected from him. 

Anyway on Saturday my husband had Quentin with him in the "bunker" so Jonesy and Riley hung with me.



He loves to sleep in front of the tv - he looks comfy doesn't he!  It's warm there from the TV!


And here is Quentin on Friday morning...


Sunday afternoon...(His eyes look blue here but the last day or so they have turned a gray color)


Sunday evening...


Friday again...


Sunday I found him exploring my wool bins! Too funny...


Hard to believe he's getting so big - okay he's still little but he's now getting so independent I should say!  He's into everything and exploring and playing! So cool to see this happen.

And another milestone happened yesterday evening - I finally got him to drink his formula from a bowl! 


And today I was so proud of him he actually ate food from a bowl!  He's growing up fast! LOL!  

Oh and back to the wool bins - he's trying to figure out how to get back down... (oh and doesn't that look like a ball in his paws?  It may be what some call an "orb" or something on the camera - which wasn't there on the previous pic only a few seconds prior or the one after!  Still it looks cute in the pic!


I did manage to get some hooking done when Riley wasn't in my frame.  If I didn't lose my pictures I'd show you one of Riley when he was about 6 months old sitting in the same frame - he used to be able to sit there and spin it! Now he's way too big!


Well like I said - I've been hooking finally - i have more stuff drawn up to hook within the next 1 1/2 weeks but this weekend I got a bunch of items hooked through wool which today I sewed them into pillows and stuffed them (of course the sewing part took me nearly all day!), and also finished a few small mats.

Quentin was helping me stuff the pillows...  


Here are some of the pillows I hooked this weekend and finished up today...






I also hooked two others thru wool but ran out of stuffing and one looks crappy anyway.  I didn't get to whipping the little mats I hooked either - that's another day! 

So that was my weekend - I will say I spend a lot of my day sitting on the floor playing with the boys - they do make me laugh - all three of them!

I do want to say there are still bunches of blogs I am unable to leave comments on but I am reading them and enjoying them!

Wishing everyone a great week!

14 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Hi Joanne
Tom and I have just woke up and are sitting in bed reading your post.
we both love reading about the boys, especially watching little Quentin grow, it reminds us of when we had our lot, althought they were lucky in having a proper cat mummy to feed them. I was only saying the other day that I would love to go back and do it all over again it was so lovely.
Keep the pictures coming please.
Oh, and I also am having trouble leaving posts on some blogs.
Briony
x

moosecraft said...

Little Quentin cracks me up! He always looks angry... but in a cute way! lol! You've been busy hooking so many pillows! Everything looks mahvelous!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Little Quentin looks like a little old man...a very little one at that! He is so cute. I love all of your pillows. You've been really busy!!

weaverpat said...

Quentin looks so different this week! His ears are growing and he's getting longer. Amazine how he's changed in just a week! Cats do play rough with the young ones. I thought Deiter was a very laid back cat, but when we got the girls he (big fat boy that he is) would sit or lay on them and bite their necks. We had to watch them constantly!
So Quentin will eventually get to the point where he fights back, but it will take a while!

Love all the nice little mats you've been doing. A great way to spend the snowy weekend.

Jacque. said...

You have been busy...as usual. Those pillows look great! Quentin is growing fast!

ann hermes said...

Oh my, what a cute little fellow. We skipped the kitten phase with our two current cats , adopted as adults. Though they still have a little litten in them at times. You have been so productive with hooking. I am busy getting ready for shows myself.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

wow, what a change in Quentin! Love reading your posts, you sound so proud :).. And you should be. You and Jill saved this little one!
Great pieces you are making, keep it up!

Lisa said...

Hey Joanne, the pillows look great. Doesn't seem like it is time for Christmas but it is. Hope you have a good day. Lisa

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love seeing all the pics Joanne. Jonesy in front of the TV is a hoot! I do hope he is more accepting of Quentin as he gets bigger. He's adorable. You've been so busy. Your pillows all look great! Hugs, Lori

Doris said...

Hi Joanne,
Good to see you in Lancaster. Love the pics of the little one. So tiny!!!

Cathy G. said...

Qentin is looking so healthy and happy! It makes you wonder what he thinks of his two older siblings doesn't it! Joanne I think you should write a book on cat behavior and perhaps one on how to save a orphan!
My you have been busy hooking those pillows! They are are all so great! I love the snowmen!!
Cute cute cute photos of the fur kids! Keep them coming!
p.s. Did you wear boots for Halloween this year! :-)
Hugs!
Cathy G

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Joanne,That is so sweet seeing those kitties! I had a smile on my face the whole time I read your blog.Cheri

The Barn Door said...

Joanne...i'd say that Quentin has his own personal orb angel!! He is so cute and you are right, growing so fast!!

Julia said...

It won't be long that Quentin will rule. He's doing a pretty good job of it all ready. He's keeping you busy with the camera.I'm surprized tat he lets you hook those pillow the little rascal. JB