Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Glass Onion

Once again, don't forget to send me a guess for my Give-A-Way on my April 1 post.   It seems most of you want a redware egg as the prize so 2 of these eggs will be given when the winners are chosen.   I hooked these from the wool that I dyed yesterday morning - Of course if you are picked and want one of the other choices, that's fine too!


I am giggling at some of the comments I am getting on "what is it!"  I'm even getting text messages about it and was nearly accosted by a friends sister saying it's driving her crazy! Oh too funny! 

Today was miserable outside - windy and rainy - Riley was amazed at the rain pelting against the slider!  Even scared Jonesy.


Yesterday I mentioned about dyeing hard boiled eggs in onion skins - here are my results after keeping them in the skins over night.  Love how they came out...


I decided not to waste the bath of onion skins - so i took this off white/grayish wool...


And got a nice dark tan with a reddish brown tint (color looks more pink in the pic)


Always fun to see what comes out! 

Have a great day!

10 comments:

moosecraft said...

Sounds like you has the same storms we had yesterday... I was in Costco when it came through! lol! Beautiful hooked redware eggs! I hope someone guessing close enough to win one! lol! I really can't imagine what it is...

Jacque. said...

Lovin' your hooked redware eggs...and the eggs you dyed are great, too!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Those redware eggs are super. I love how the onion skin dye worked on the wool. I was considering that for dyeing a background for the cat rug I'm making for the hook-in. I've got to figure something out this weekend! It will be fun experimenting anyway.
Courtney

weaverpat said...

Your redware eggs look great! I love the real eggs dyed in the onion skin. Always wanted to try that but have never done it.
Yikes! The weather is REALLY bad when it scares the cats!!!
Hope you have a good rest-of-the-week. Can't wait to see what the 'thing' is!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love your eggs Joanne! They always turn out so nice. your redware color is great too!
Good going on the eggs. I blew my yolks out last year (talk about headache lol). then I wrapped them in a stocking and picked some leaves and flowers from the yard and wrapped them on the egg. did the same thing you did. I never thought of using up the liquid though for the wool. Great thought and nice piece of wool!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great redware eggs Joanne! I love them!! I've never tried dyeing with onion skins. I like how your real eggs came out AND the wool. Thanks for showing us.

Doris said...

That "thingy" is driving me nuts! Love your ned redward eggs. Great Job Joanne!

primitivebettys said...

Pretty eggs! I too really want to know the right answer.

Marilyn bohn said...

I loe your cat photos as I love cats too. I wish I had time to do some rug hooking eggs, I did hearts for February, I will keep eggs in mind for next year. I just started hand quilting my grandmothers flower garden quilt by had that I made a few years ago and I just got another book contract so no eggs for me right now. I REALLY like your blog spot! I will be back.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
I've given up. I haven't a clue what the mystery item is :(
Love your eggs ~ both the hooked and they dyed. I've been saving onion skins recently ~ haven't done anything with them yet.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren