Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ah the Joys of Shopping...

Well this week I've been doing some Christmas shopping and errands and things. Today I went to the Mall - yes the Mall - to Macy's - they had big sales going on and also sent coupons to use today and tomorrow 25% off your total of whatever you spend. Well I have to tell you - Sometimes you just have to throw up your hands and go along with things.

I had three items to purchase in the Men's department - two were the same item at $12 each.

Macy's has these scanners so I scanned it since I wanted to see the price with the sale - So 25% off $12 is easy - $9.

The Scanner says $11.25. (Original Price $15 - less discount = $11.25)

Wrong!

So I look at my items in my hand - Nope - two tags on each say $12.

I went to pay for the items and waited in line for one of the two salesclerks.

My turn - so I tell her about the price problem and to sure it rings up $12 less the 25% equalling $9.

Easy - right?

So she said Oh yes, no problem - they are $11.25 each.

So I explained the original price was wrong and should have been 25% off of $12.

And she says - yes you got the sale price which equals $11.25

So I explained again how it was basing it on wrong starting price.

So she re-does it and says - Yes Ma' am (I hate being called Ma'am) they are $11.25 each and that is with the 25% discount.

So I go thru the scenario again.

And again...

Now the 2nd sales girl is involved... She tells me the same thing...

I explain again...

and again...

Now the customer behind me is laughing with me - she understood what I was getting at (The first time!) ... So she tries explaining....

These two girls could not figure it out for the life of them - so I'm laughing and trying not to grab them and shake them...

So over comes the Manager...

We go thru the story AGAIN....

So he does everything and says they are $11.25 a piece with the 25% off.

So I explained AGAIN!

Finally another salesclerk jumps in and said she understand and rings up my order -

Guess what she did....

She gave me 25% off the $11.25 - not the $12 - Which comes out to $8.44 - Okay - it should have been $9. Oh My! At this point I'm thinking should I explain they are underselling themselves - and I just look at the other customer and we laughed and I said "Okay whatever - and thank you for your help!"

So I ended up with the additional 25% discount for the total amount I got each of the $12.00 items for $6.44 each!

You gotta love it!

Anyway - Christmas shopping for the Family - DONE!

My husband and I are not exchanging gifts this year but I did find him a pair of Doc Marten boots (personally I think Doc Martens look like Frankenstein shoes/boots and are so stiff but he loves them) at a real discount so I bought them for him and surprised him by putting them on my 3 foot Ziggy and putting them on the bed for him to find! LOL! Yep I'm a bit strange. He bought me that Ziggy when we were date some 23 or 24 years ago. He said he felt like a dork carrying it thru the mall at the time! Now him being a typical male - comes home and sees them - and says "Oh boots, for me" and takes them off Ziggy - Puts Ziggy back in the hooking room and then throws them on the floor. GEEEZZZZZ - Now me - if there were a new pair of shoes - I would be trying them one - looking at them i n the mirror - totally checking them out, etc. Men!

Yesterday I was on the way to the hospital to visit my Dad and my Mom called and said that there was a possibility of him getting sent home so not to come down (it's an hour drive and parking is expensive) So I called my husband as he originally wanted to meet at a new Mexican Restaurant - So while i was waiting for him I went into the Dollar Store to meander around. Found this silly cat toy - it's a leopard print fleece with elastic on a pole with 3 felt fishes on the end - Well let me tell you - Jonesy is in love with this toy - OH my goodness- he sleeps with it, he stands in the middle of the bed screaming for someone to come play with him with it and just goes absolutely bonkers running around when you let it fly around. Riley loves it too and even had Miles playing too . Jonesy really had me giggling - when he jumps up and catches it mid-air - he starts hissing at it - Never heard this little guy hiss before - it had me in stitches.




Oh and when he's not playing and I'm on the computer - you can find him behind my computer. Didn't embarrass him with the hat this time!


My Dad is home from the hospital and doing okay for now which is good news. Let's hope it stays that way and not have a repeat of last winter!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

Thank goodness your Dad is home again! I'll keep him in my prayers that he should stay healthy! Love the Macy's story! It's kinda like Abbott and Costello go Christmas Shopping! LOL! What was the first price? LOL! Computers... I think most people rely on them too much... common sense is vanishing...

Doris said...

Hi Joanne - Your Christmas shopping is a "hoot." Seems typical of this time of year - I hate going to the mall but tomorrow is my day! So glad your dad is home - we'll keep praying for good health. Miss you

Ann said...

Joanne, Glad to hear that your Dad is home. Loved your story about Macy's and the discount story! Glad they didn't have to figure out 10% - that one always takes the cake when they can't figure out how to move the decimal. We were in Walgreens and DH gave the cashier $22.26 for a 12.26 bill - you could tell he thought DH was crazy until he punched the numbers into the register and found out he needed to give him a ten back! Don't even get me started on cashiers - only a small percentage can count back change - the old fashioned way. Glad that you got a bigger discount for all the work you had to go to so you could even get 25%! ~Ann

patijane's primitives said...

Joanne, Your Macy story is a hoot! Sometimes I don't think anyone actually listens to what we are saying or surely they would have got it the first time. I haven't even started shopping yet. Glad your Dad is home and doing well. I will keep him in my prayers that he stays healthy. I have found some good cat toys at the Dollar store. Great entertainment for a dollar.

landmark lighting said...

cute cats!