Here is Diane - who is smiling - hard to believe the woman is even standing with all the work she's been doing!
A part of an area where some of my larger rugs are displayed -
Well after visiting The Copper Partridge on Friday nite, I went to visit my sister-in-law who was doing a show at a craft fair - She makes some really nice jewelry - forgot all about taking pictures there!
After visiting and looking around the craft fair I was off to the Heritage Center in Harleysville. They have an annual PA/German Folk Art Sale for the entire month of December. This is the second year I have participated. Friday nite the participants are invited for an opening reception and also the public is invited to shop for a donation before the show actually opens on Saturday. My uncle was there, he did their decorations and was helping out with the punch bowl and whatever was needed. So I spent a little bit of time there looking at every one's great items - lots of redware, fraktur pictures, fraktur painted boxes, woodgrained boxes, painted carved birds, quilts, and I could go on and on - I had some rugs in the show and was pleased to see some had already been sold by the time I got there!
Well now it's Saturday and it was dreary day - then it started to rain/snow and then just snow. Just not ready for that! Tomorrow is supposed to be sunshine so I'm sure all the snow will be done.
The mail lady brought a big surprise - our group AAPG had a Secret Santa Swap - well my package arrived today - Chris Moore (Mystical Primitives) had my name and boy did she spoil me - She is an incredibly talented lady - She made me this wool kitty pin cushion and covered the pins with wool on the hand, also a large box she covered in fabric and put a pin cushion on top - in the front of the pic is three stitch handids - oh her work is incredible, there was also 2 ornaments - they look old -not sure what the technique on them is called. Also was some chocolate, a notepad and a kitty calendar - and if that wasn't enough...
She sent me this old quilt - she thinks it's probably from the 40's - really cool - I love it, and if that isn't enough....
This old tin container with a date of December 7, 1880 - from Norton Bros,Chicago, will have to do some research to see what it was originally used for - Veggies? Ice Cream? Coffee?? I don't know but I love tin items and this is wonderful!
So thank you Chris!
During the day I was trying to bind some of my items - but as you can see from this little guy in my lap that was requiring belly rubs and/or playing with the wool yarn and cording - it wasn't even going! He's just too cute to shoo away!
When he wasn't over helping me bind my items - you can usually find him waiting on the bed wtih that dollar store toy - he is too funny - he will be downstairs and be sitting on the step and if you walk by he starts "talking" and you follow him upstairs, Jonesy "talking" the whole way - and he jumps on the bed and sits by his toy! Too funny!


4 comments:
Oh what beautiful gifts you got there...I agree Chris is an amazing artist.
Your rugs look gorgeous in that shop Joanne.
We had snow today too and I finally pulled our tree out...yeah...I am moving just slow. LOL ☺
Hey Joanne...you were spoiled, for sure! How fun! Wow, didn't know you had rugs in a shop...hope you do well. Cool Riley photos. Have a great day!
Your rugs look lovely in the new shop. No wonder you haven't come to visit lately, you've been busy getting all those wonderful pieces done! But with Jonesy helping the work should go so much faster!!!
Take care!
Wishing you many sales with your stuff in the shop! Looks great. Love your gifts you received too! Chris does wonderful work.
Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment