Friday, December 18, 2009

Who'd A Thought A New Hair Dryer would Make Me Happy!

Sorry - no pics this post - My husband borrowed my camera and I haven't seen it for a few days. I told him I wanted it back next to my laptop where it belongs! Hmmm still hasn't shown up - little does he know he's getting a new camera (nicer than mine!) for Christmas - I bought him one for my Mom to give to him for Christmas. He keeps asking "What did you tell your Mom to get me? Tell her I want an Amazon.com gift card to buy a camera". I keep telling him it's none of his business and if he doesn't behave he'll be getting a rock!

How many of you like your hairdryer? Dumb question I know. I've been through several hairdryers in my life and none work as nice as the ones at the hairdresser. Let me re-phrase that - work as fast. I hate drying my hair - it's always been fine but thick and a lot of it (not length) and even when it was shorter, it takes forever to dry. It's really rare I ever fully dry it unless I've been to the hairdresser. I really hate to fuss with it and take the time to dry it - I feel there are so many other exciting things in life to be doing! hehehe I know I know - never had a good hair day and probably never will . And yes I do drive with the windows open (weather permitting of course) - hair be damned. I refuse to become part of the "helmut head brigade" - going through four cans of Aquanet a week and not allowing a touch of air on the head! Okay - I'm exaggerating - however a friend of mine years ago did go thru 2 cans of Aquanet a week and spent 3 hours doing her hair - yep everyday - Boy did everyone used to tease her. One time the guys threw her in a pool after she got out of the bathroom - and yes - back in the bathroom for another 3 hour session! Anyway, do they still make Aquanet?

Okay - I'm way off subject here - hairdryers. A few months ago mine stopped working so i pulled my really old one out from under the sink. Wasn't every happy with it and really wasn't happy with the one that conked out either. So yesterday while I was out shopping, I picked up a new one at Target and I can't tell you how happy I was this morning. This little dryer had more power on the low setting then my previous ones ever did on high! Practically blew the hair off my head - and my hair was TOTALLY dry in no time! Just loved it! This is the first hair dryer I ever had that had some "power" behind it! Okay, Okay - probably sounding like a dork here - you probably all have known there were good hairdryers out there and me at my age just finding this out! Oh well, now I won't be dreading getting out of the shower and having to dry my hair tomorrow.

So is everyone done their Christmas Shopping? Enjoying the season or stressed? I'm actually pretty relaxed - this is one of the first year that there wasn't too many demands on my time. I think I was able to actually say "no" to a few things this year which helped (family things) It's things not to do with Christmas that was actually driving me up the tree but it's starting to relax now and keeping my toes crossed everyone stays healthy and on track.

Wishing everyone a great weekend - Snow expected here tomorrow so I guess it's time to grease up the old shovel!

3 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Joanne,
What a great idea! I hadn't thought of giving Zip a rock. And I could add to his collection each year thereafter! LOL!!!
OK, this hair dryer thing is great but it makes me very envious. Not needing a hairdryer is not any fun either. At least you HAVE hair!!
Glad you finally found THE ONE!
As for Christmas, I've given up on being ready. It's gonna go away by January anyhow. (I am really a killjoy today!)
Hey, have a nice Christmas! Give those kitties a big juicy smooch! They'll love you for that!!!

WoolenSails said...

My daughter stole mine, still waiting for her to bring it back. And with long hair and winter, I need it.

Debbie

Brenis said...

Too funny Joanne! Ok, so what was the magic hairdryer's name?? I have very thick hair, that takes forever to dry, and when blow drying it, it turns into a wonderful frizzy mess! I only blow dry mine once a week because of that! LOL! Let it air dry and have curly hippy hair the rest of the week. (Thank the good Lord for pony tails! :D ) So this mid lifer didnt know they werent all equal either! hahaha! Please share the magic!! :D