There is no thunder of kitten paws running around upstairs or downstairs...
There is no one to chirp at me when I come home...
There is no one to meow (loudly I might add) everytime I walk into the kitchen...
The kitty play tent hasn't moved about the living room or found upside down...
There isn't any wrestling matches going on...
When I made the bed this morning it ony took me a minute...
There is no kitten ready to pounce unexpectedly...
There is no one to keep me from hooking....
There is no mini tiger around to take a nap after fishing with his Dad...There is no one demanding to be held while I'm on the computer...
Riley however is catching up on his sleep....(Well it is a damp and cold rainy day - Had to lift the blanket to get this shot!)

Miles is happy as a clam taking his nap without being bothered....
Riley however is catching up on his sleep....(Well it is a damp and cold rainy day - Had to lift the blanket to get this shot!)
Miles is happy as a clam taking his nap without being bothered....
Jonesy is at the vet's and has been gone since yesterday morning around 7:00 a.m.
Jonesy is okay and doing really well and has some of the vet techs falling in love with him apparently - they say "how cute" he is! Yesterday he had his surgeries. He was neutered (oouch...) and also declawed... (more on that later). Everything went well thank goodness.
It's amazing how such a little presence leaves such a big hole in our everyday lives without him here. We all miss him so much - Riley walks around looking for his little buddy and howling. My husband keeps calling to check up on him at the vet and I'm missing him like crazy. Miles probably is the only one happy as he would prefer to be an only pet!
About the de-clawing - I know this is a sore subject with a lot pet owners, but please just know that I have done my research and I have a vet I have 100% trust in and he has explained each step to me. You can find a lot of information out that makes it sound like it's torture to the pet but believe me - do the research and you will find this isn't the case. Anyway - it was our choice and I'm sure he will be tearing around the house like normal in a day. I would never ever put my pets thru any torture.
Today besides being very very very quiet around here it's been cold and damp and pouring rain - A truly gray day! I went out today to check out the just opened "Wegmans" - Man you would have thought Elvis came back from the dead and was appearing there or something! Bought a few things - just found it pretty pricey. Then went to the local produce stand for some reasonably priced veggies and bought myself some sunflowers and a fall mix of flowers too.
I came home and made myself a bowl of soup to take the chill off and had some Pumpkin Seed Harvest Cheddar crackers I had just picked up - pretty tasty..





5 comments:
Oh my goodness... I can feel how lost you are just by reading your post... and the weather just added to it today too... I'm sure Jonesy will be fine and so happy to see you tomorrow! Farm markets are much better than Wegman's. We have one in Bridgewater... don't go there much as their prices are very high...
Hey, Joanne! I'm sooo glad the little guy is doing OK! I know he misses you as much as you miss him!!!.
Now if there was ever a store that could make Elvis live again, it would be Wegmans! I love that store!!! It's like a tourist attraction around here.
Anyhow, when Jonesy gets home give him a big hug for me! Take care and hope to see you soon!
It is so hard when our baby is away. We miss all those fun and annoying things they do;)
Debbie
Bet Jonesy will be glad to be home too. It is amazing how one little cat can make a difference. Don't feel guilty over the declawing. All of my cats have been fine and so is my couch! Have a good weekend and give us a Jonesy update over the weekend. ~Ann
P.S. Did I ever tell you that my DS's got a kick out of your post about the tomatoes? They are 11 & 8 and thought Jonesy was very funny.
I understand how lost you are without Jonesy being around. There's a huge hole in our lives when one of the cats makes a trip to the vet. And I'll stay off my soapbox about declawing because, well, I love you, Joanne. But I will say that we've provided several scratching posts and our furniture is all fine.
Our weather has been terrible all this week...chilly, rainy and just ugly. What happened to fall? Can we please warm up and enjoy the foliage for a while before snow flies?
Post a Comment