Monday was a beautiful fall day - the sun was shining and there was a bit of a breeze. I loadd Gourdon back in the car and threw in my backpack and off I went.

I posted earlier how I was finishing some of my friends projects - I'm not yet halfway through them however I had 3 bags to give her. So we went to New Jersey to meet up with her at her Co-Op near Avalon, NJ and hand Gourdon over to her along with the "three bags full".
After loading the projects in Renee's car - we took off to have lunch in Sea Isle City at a seafood restaurant - was very nice having lunch out by the dock near the water. After lunch we went to a few shops around town and had a nice day.
The rest of the week was spent just relaxing and walking and reading books in NJ. I came home late last night to a bunch of packages. It's so fun to get something other than bills in the mail.The ladies that belong to my online group, AAPG, are incredible - the generosity in this group amazes me. We often to swaps and often someone mentions something they need and next thing you know someone sends that to the person! It's so great to "see" the smiles through the posts! One time I mentioned the hankies my Mom was looking for and next thing I know, Jo sent me a package for my mother! Another time I got a bunch of ball jar lids! Amazing wonderful ladies that I consider all friends!
So I'll share the gifts I received this week.
Sharon sent me this wonderful "Fall" package and I wasn't even her Fall Swap partner! Inside was the coolest little basket with a punch needle picture of a cat and pumpkin she affixed to the lid - inside was a fall smelling votive. As if this wasn't enough, she lined the box with woolly worms for hooking, rub-a-dub markers, a ball of incredible red colored wool yarn, and a large piece of red plaid wool! I just love everything - Thank you Sharon!

Kimmie had my name in the Fall Swap - OH this box smelled so very good. She makes wax creations and made some wax Indian corn - so cool, there were candle tarts and also a grungy Pumpkin Face Votive along with some gorgeous prim hand dyed wools, floss and a container of walnut crystals. Kimmie went overboard and love everything! Thanks so much!

There was also a package from Kelley - she's the one that started our group - She is very generous with sending out packages for all different reasons - I won a "prize" for being the first one to comment on our group blog! Anyway - She sent me these two incredible little cat punch needled pillows - I just love them - So very talented - love how they are finished off too - so wish I could do this but it's something I do not do! There was also a great big piece of red plaid wool (one can never have too much red wool in my opinion!), and she also sent a pattern by Maria Barton - The Star Rug Company - I just love Maria's pattern - this one is adorable of a lamb, chick and bird - Can't wait to hook this one. Thank you so much!
Again, the generosity of this group is amazing.
Here's my pattern and pillow from Kelley
Oh and I turned my back for a second and Riley was under the pattern playing with the pillows - that's his paw! No worries - they are now out of his reach! Maybe he thought they were for him!
Tomorrow I have another rug demonstrating day - IT is supposed to rain but am hoping it will hold off. It's a totally outdoor annual event and a lot of hard work goes into this event for the coordinators. It's always a huge turnout of people too!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:
Oh I just love that Gourdon!!!! Such a suave fella with those shades on!!! LOL! All the gifts you received are beautiful! I really want to steal that pn black cat (with the pumpkin)... the shaped items always catch my eye! Great choice of seasonal background for your blog! Vintage RULES! :-) I gotta say again... the pic with Rileys paw grabbing out from under that pattern is a real hoot!
Aren't you sorry to loose the company of Gourdon???? He's so cute. I don't believe that fall is here either - what happended to summer?
Love Gourdon! I'm sure Renee did too.
I agree with you about the generosity of the group. Love your gifts you received!
Hope you do well at the demonstration. The sun is shining today, so that is a good thing! Hope it's not too cool for you.
Im going to miss you again this week Joanne.. my son has a soccer game!!! Maybe we will catch up sometime again soon!! Gourdon is so cute!! LOL!
Post a Comment