It was a rainy rainy day and Riley and I waited for my husband to bring Jonesy home. Miles was upstairs sleeping. I think Riley was hoping for some sunbeams.
My husband brought in the carrier and opened it and Jonesy took off like a shot checking out everything and meowing at top lung - guess he was letting us know his displeasure at having been away for 2 days. I'm running around after him (with camera) trying to get a hug but he was determined to check everything out...Now he's in the kitchen probably wondering "where's breakfast" (Oh the vet tech told us that he sure was a big eater! No surprise there! LOL )

I spent the weekend home with him - just being lazy and trying to hook and watch movies. His favorite place to sleep seems to be my rug... (these are all shots from different times of the weekend!)



How can you disturb a cutie like this. My husband would take him downstairs to his "bunker" with him so I did manage to actually finish my rug today! Jonesy would spend a few hours with him and a few hours with me - on and off thru-out the day...
Bath time...


Oh My Riley - Riley who really seemed to miss Jonesy totally treated him badly when he got home - He hissed, spit, growled. I guess it's the "vet" smell - My husband and I spent as much time petting Riley then rubbing Jonesy with his scent, same with Miles and rubbing our shirts on him - just trying to get that "vet smell" away - Someone suggested to use a baby wipe on him but we didn't have any. Anyway - I got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning and Riley hissed at him but finally ate next to him - which is a good sign, then later I found him licking Jonesy's head - then a little later I found him trying to engage Jonesy in play - Thank goodness! It's not 100% normal yet but so much better. 
Jonesy I think is tired of laying around - he's really trying to do all the things he normally does but we keep trying to keep him "quiet"! He looks bored with having to rest - he wants to be off doing what kittens do! LOL
Well anyway - things are getting back to normal - everyone is napping now and I'm so happy everything went well with his surgeries.

I spent the weekend home with him - just being lazy and trying to hook and watch movies. His favorite place to sleep seems to be my rug... (these are all shots from different times of the weekend!)



How can you disturb a cutie like this. My husband would take him downstairs to his "bunker" with him so I did manage to actually finish my rug today! Jonesy would spend a few hours with him and a few hours with me - on and off thru-out the day...
Bath time...


Oh My Riley - Riley who really seemed to miss Jonesy totally treated him badly when he got home - He hissed, spit, growled. I guess it's the "vet" smell - My husband and I spent as much time petting Riley then rubbing Jonesy with his scent, same with Miles and rubbing our shirts on him - just trying to get that "vet smell" away - Someone suggested to use a baby wipe on him but we didn't have any. Anyway - I got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning and Riley hissed at him but finally ate next to him - which is a good sign, then later I found him licking Jonesy's head - then a little later I found him trying to engage Jonesy in play - Thank goodness! It's not 100% normal yet but so much better.
Even though Riley wasn't hanging with Jonesy - he would stay close and keep an eye out...

Jonesy I think is tired of laying around - he's really trying to do all the things he normally does but we keep trying to keep him "quiet"! He looks bored with having to rest - he wants to be off doing what kittens do! LOL
Well anyway - things are getting back to normal - everyone is napping now and I'm so happy everything went well with his surgeries.Wishing everyone a great week.


5 comments:
So glad to see he is ok and home again. He really is making himself comfy on that rug, purr contentment.
Debbie
I'm so glad Jonesy is home and recovering well. But geez, don't you just hate it when they come home smelling like "vet" and then the other cats pick on him?
We go through that a lot around here.
Love your pictures, Joanne. I love seeing whatever you post.
Hi, Joanne!
Glad the boy is back home and recovering nicely! Hope he and Riley are back to being buddies. Now about the rug- which one did you finish??? You've probably finished six projects since you were out here the last time! We need pictures!!!
Pat I finished the one that Jonesy is laying on - see what happens when I stay home all weekend! Oh if you are coming to Brandywine Saturday - I may bring that to bind - when it's all bound I'll tape a pic!
Jo-Jo- i can well image you've seen it all with your crew!
Things are better - Riley and he are slowly finding their friendship!
Glad that Jonesy is back home and doing well. That vet smell is a universal dislike! When we had 2 cats the one that came home from the vet was always given the once over! Poor Frito only has himself for company. ~Ann
Post a Comment