Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sick Again

Long time no post again!  This past week I've been down and out with a nasty cold/sore throat/fever.  Now it's just a bad cough and a lot of nose blowing.  When I get hit, I get hit.  Even as a young girl my "cough" always sounded horrible - Even at three I would hack like a 5 pack a day smoker - cough medicines would never work and I even remember my parents giving me a shot of whisky to try to calm the cough! LOL

Anyway - Not complaining, just tired of coughing and blowing my nose.  Since I'm up most of the night coughing I've been sleeping a lot on and off throughout the day so therefore not much has been getting done.  Along with the house being a mess, laundry not done,  I haven't been keeping up with my blog friends either - something I need to sit and do as I love getting lost in blogs!

What I have done as I was sitting here like a lump was finish whipping some of my little mats I hooked about a month ago - so here some pics of just rugs from my scrap basket - not all my "colors but was using what I had...










Hope you are all are healthy and happy and enjoying May!

27 comments:

moosecraft said...

Cute mats! I'm sending a healthy wind your way to blow away the germs! :-) Actually, some fresh air might help you some... Grant Street is 2 days away... so you best get better! lol!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

I sure hope you feel better Joanne! So sorry you have been under the weather!! I hate colds and especially spring ones!!

Just LOVE your mats! I am really interested in the 6th one (is that black, red and mustard?) and would love to know the price if you are selling it! Let me know when you feel better, my friend!!

Get well soon!!
Julie

Kim said...

Spring colds are the worst. Hope it leaves you really quickly so you can enjoy the rest of May. Your little scrappy mats are so cute. I have a large bag of scraps so you have inspired me.
Kim

SUE said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon. This weather is miserable and doesn't help! Love Love the mats. SUE

deb said...

OMG SOOO glad I found your blog!!!! LOVE prim!!!
get better soon!!!

Jacque. said...

So sorry to hear that you are sick, Joanne. Bummer, to say the least, hey? I hope you feel better very soon. All of those mats are darling...just darling.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Hope you start feeling better soon and that cough calms down! My granny use to whip up lemon,honey, and whiskey talk about not wanting to let her here you cough!
Your mats are wonderful love all the different ones and great way to use up worms.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I hope you start to feel better real soon. Love your rugs!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
Get better soon! You've been under the weather way too long and that just isn't any fun :(
I love all your scrappy mats. I'm always amazed at how much you get hooked. I'm only a little bit jealous.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Oh, you poor thing! I had this over my vacation. It was, frankly, evil! I just love your little mats. They are beautiful and prim and have wonderful colors! That's just what I should do, create some small mats and learn to hook more loosely and higher! I wish you lived closer and could coach me!
Take good care!
Hugs,
Courtney

WoolenSails said...

Love your mats, so primitive with the colors you use.
I sure hope you feel better soon, I know I had it on and off all winter and it just doesn't let go.

Debbie

Cathy G. said...

Hi Joanne,
I hope you're feeling better each day! I'd say you accomplished a lot with all those finishes while you are so sick! I love all those mats!
( I thought all you girls down in the southern states knew how to make up a good old mustard compress for your chest?.....LOL. sounds like you need a good old fashioned remedy and a shot of something strong!!
Take Care!!
Cathy G

Julia said...

Joanne, so sorry to hear that you are sick with a miserable chest cold. I sure hope that you are on the mend.

If I may be so bold to ask, I'm curious about all the cute little mats, are you using them for a specific purpose like wall decorations or collection or are they just hooked for the fun of it. I mostly make larger rugs for the floor and the smaller ones were challenge rugs to get me to think outside my comfort zone. Those will eventually go on the wall.

My only primitive rug that I hooked was the cute little kitten that I won from Lauren at Rugs and Pugs. It hooked so fast and was fun to do but now I don't where to display. Have a great rest of the week and get well. JB

Julia said...

I meant, I don't know where or how to display it.

Anonymous said...

Bless your little heart! I'm sorry you are feeling so puney! My dad used to give me "whiskey, honey and lemon"..............you'll note the order in wich those ingred. were given. :-) To this day, when I get sick, I pour a stiff jolt of this into my cup of tea and it really sweats the crud out of you.
If that doesn't work - come on down to Florida. I'll mask you up and put you in the spa.......(oh the neighbors would love that).
Take care sweetie - we need you well. You have kitties to play with.
xoxoxoxoxoxox

acorn hollow said...

I am so sorry you are sick we are on the mend but still are getting our strength up. while I was reading your post and found out you were sick I sneezed and some weird page came up. so don't blog and sneeze:) Love your little mats.
Cathy

oldecrow said...

Love the little mats. Are they done using the Oxford punch?I am amazed at the number of rugs you can whip out!
Here's wishing you are feeling much better every day!
Wanda

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Feel better Joanne!! We need you healthy. Love reading your blog. Great mats you have done!! Glad you were able to channel your sickness into something productive. Hope your coughing doen't last too much longer.

weaverpat said...

What a bummer!!! I'm so sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well. I finally got to Grant St. on Thurs and you weren't there!!! Waaaah!
I hope you soon get better! Give the kitties a smooch for me.

Lisa said...

Oh Joanne, So sorry to hear you have been sick. I am humbled at how much you still get done even when you are sick. I hope you will be feeling great real soon. Lisa

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Oh Joanne...I know I gave you that horrid cold...so so so very sorry! I hope you are feeling better...it is a nasty one!!
I HAVE TO HAVE the bird mat...I HAVE too!!! REST!! Sending get well wishes - XO, Judy

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Also meant to write...look how much you are "missed' 21 Get Well Wishes...XO

Doris said...

Joanne - So sorry you are feeling under the weather. I knopw how you feel having just gotten over a similar thing. Get well so that we can meet at Grant street!

Nettie said...

Joanne the mats are really neat....sorry you are not feeling well....you will be better in no time,I just know it!

Love you
Nettie

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love all your little mats ~ especially that fat little bird!! You are productive even if you don't feel well! Get better soon!

Julia said...

Joanne, I'm hoping that you are feeling much better today. I've been thinking about you. Get well soon. JB

Area Rugs said...

Get well soon! I Love your mats! You are so good! i got hooked! :)