Friday, May 6, 2011

I Feel Better All Over

Thank you all for your healing wishes.  I still have the cold but feel human again.  Just down to some coughing fits and using up those boxes of tissues but overall feeling so much better.   I hear from so many people how the colds lately just last and last and last.  Hoping its definitely on its way out and hope it stays out!

About those little mats, Julie asked if they were the Oxford punched.  Nope, just hooked.   I have done the Oxford punch in the past but I prefer using my hook to punching.  Just me  Oh and I had already hooked some of those little mats before I got sick - can't take credit for being creative while sick because I was a complete lump until I decided to pick up the needle and yarn and finish whipping them!

This past week was spent mostly at home.  This little guy is never happy when I start coughing so much he has to jump off my lap and wait for me to be done...


This little guy is still addicted to treats and always looking for them (i keep bags of them on the shelf in the hooking room and he gets them out and throws them at my feet!


He also has been spending time with me watching the boobtube...


And of course napping....


Well Tuesday night I decided to go to Bingo - I do like to play bingo and play weekly.  I was happy I went because at the end of the night I got this....



and got to yell this...

and then did this



I was over the moon - I won the jackpot of the evening and won it alone (which to even win is a rarity for me but alone! woohoo)  Oh and the jackpot of the evening was $1,000 and it was all Mine! LOL

Wednesday I decided to bake these Sour Cream Coffee Cakes...


And Thursday I decided to go to Grant Street, however they were having a 3-Day Dye Class so the Hook In was not going to start until the evening.  I ended up spending the day with Kathy,  We had some "designer" yummy iced coffee, I meandered around her house looking at all the treasures she hooked and stitched and sewed and then off we went to do some antiquing and junking.   I didn't buy anything but it's always fun looking and seeing what's out there.  We had a good and filling late lunch and then remembered it was Cinco de Mayo so before we went to Grant Street decided to stop at a Happy Hour.  Can you believe the 20 something year old waitress didn't even card us - The nerve!

Anyway - it was off to Grant Street for some fun and laughs as usual. There were still some stragglers from the dye class but a lot of the girls had left since they had to be back again today.  

I took my Flower Basket rug to bind.  I finished that and here it is all done.  I tried to get the true colors - the pic is a little off - it's a little more "drab" in person...


 I also received a cool "RAK' from a friend in my group this week in the mail - Mimi - she made these little appliqued/penny stitched ornies - aren't they cool!


So now it's Friday - today I'm hoping to get some hooking done along with some silly chores.  I want to run out too to find a Mother's Day gift for my Mom.  She's so hard to buy anything for so not sure what I will get her but will find something!

Happy Mother's Day and have a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Joanne. So glad to hear about your Bingo win!! Woohoo!!
Happy MOther's day to you too....love all the pics of your babies...they are the cutest kitties ever :)

WoolenSails said...

Glad you are feeling better, and wish I had your luck with money wins, lol.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Sheesh! Even when you are sick you get out of the house more than I do! lol! Congrats on that nice Bingo win! Wowie! Have fun tomorrow!

Beckyjean said...

Glad you're feeling better!!

I bet you had the greatest time getting to yell BINGO!! And $1000 can get you a lot of goodies.

Enjoy your weekend~Becky

Julia said...

Joanne, so glad that you are feeling better and congratulations on winning the big Jackpot all by yourself. Way to go. Some good Karma must have come to you. Happy Mother's Day. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
You are one lucky lady. Congrats on the BINGO win :)
I just love your rug!!!
So glad you are feeling better.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

so glad you are feeling better. I am still coughing and it is 3 weeks since I came down with it.
Love your rug. Is is your pattern?
My mother loved bingo and went once a week like religion.
glad you won.
Cathy

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Had a great time spending the day with you Joanne. We'll have to do it again :)
Congrat's on winning the BIG ONE, and happy you are starting to feel better. Continue with that!
Still giggling over the Herman Munster dance. Can just picture you lol

weaverpat said...

Glad you're feeling better!
The good thing was spending quality time with your little comfort kitty.
Whoo-hoo! Great Bingo win! Congratulations!!!
Hope to see you next week at Grant Street.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Wow! You keep busy even when sick. That cold was a killer. I had it over vacation. I'm glad you're feeling better. Your rug is so great...very prim...it looks like an antique. Kitty is funny! My husband has promised me a cat when we move, so I am really excited. We'll see if Gus feels the same way! It's been a while since my Chloe passed. He might not remember her that much. Super job on the win, you lucky kid, you!
Hugs,
Courtney

Cathy G. said...

Joanne,
You weren't by any chance wearing those red boots when you won the jackpot!!! Woo Hoo Girl! Way to Go!
I love your rug and is it your pattern? Very nice!
Glad to see you had your fur babies taking care of you when you were sick. They always seem to know when we need the attention!
Stay well and remember to spend a little of your winnings on yourself and not all on bills! LOL
Hugs!
Cathy G

The Cinnamon Stick said...

!!!!!!!! woohoo!! Let's go shopping....!!!!! You're buying lunch..(teasing!) See you soon...XO, Judy

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Good to hear your feeling better. Congratulations on yelling "Bingo"

Love the rug it's a beauty!