Earlier this week I continued my purging of stuff (even though these pics don't look like it) in the dining room this time. I got out some of the bunnies and spring stuff - I can't find one of the tubs - so I'm a little light in the loafers in my Spring decorating. Here are some random shots - It's still a work in progress, just not happy with a few of the areas -
This is the corner on the right side of the front window - Need to move some of that stuff out of there - too much stuff - You can barely see it but that redware plate I found is up there on the shelf with a couple of other places and mugs...
I like this little area - a couple of my milk cans from my collection and some bunnies...
I hung my flower and heart rug and do not like it - I took down about 6 pictures I had hanging on this wall (I had framed old hankies and hung them haphazardly - Just not happy with this - the big window is the right of it - Maybe it's too close to my other rug or too plain for me - not sure yet - there are caned chairs and more milk cans on the floor below it - I took down my big twig tree and packed that away. (My walls aren't white - just looks that way - they are called "cottonwood" - just a faint gold/yellow color)
Close up of the shelf over the buffet cabinet
Top of my huge hutch...
My little twig tree...
Below the hearts and flower rugs (I dye wool so I use all these agate pots sitting around - when I dye I fill them with water and soak wool and also use the white ones on the stove - so I just store everything in plain view)
Under the red shelf - and more dyeing supplies!
Will have to think more on what to do with some of this stuff! At least it's clean and dusted - that's a plus right?
I have a lot of things to look forward to, a short trip to AC and then my upcoming annual New York Trip in a few weeks. We will seeing 3 different Broadway plays/events so looking forward to that!
This past week had a great time. Spent a couple nights out at Lindas (Owner of Grant Street Woolworks) rather than driving out and coming home the same day. Drove out Wednesday and visited with Kathy and Linda and than that evening Linda and I went to play bingo at her local fire company - We both were happy as we both got to yell "Bingo" once! Fun to go home with a little something! Kathy met up with us for shooting the bull and tea and coffee to warm up later - just damp and cold!
Thursday was the hook-in. There were several people in and out throughout the day and always a good time. I didn't have any hooking started so worked on making some feather trees -I made 6 or 7 of them I believe.
What a day however, look at these expressions - such seriousness (and goofiness)!
Friday I left and stopped and shopped in Lancaster on the way home. I needed to find a pair of dress pants so that was my mission - got lucky - found a pair on clearance for $7.99 - I hate dress pants - for the past 10 plus years I have been lucky enough to wear jeans to work but needed something for interviews - Seriously - I got rid of every pair of dress pants and skirts I had this past summer and fall and have absolutely nothing that fits except the same few pair of jeans I've been wearing! So mission accomplished.
Stopped at some of the country and antique stores but nothing knocked my socks off that I couldn't live without. I do love to shop for ideas though - but again, nothing new and unique!
Hope you had a great weekend. Check out Lauren's (Rugs and Pugs) blog - she is doing a give away for new hookers and made up a kit - how wonderful is that! I'm thinking of doing another give away - just haven't decided on what - any ideas? Another hooked rug? Some recycled wool for stash building? Hmmm will have to ponder this...












7 comments:
All the organizing and decorating is looking great! How about you sit down and hook that Midnight Silhouette that's already drawn up? *wink*wink*
Wow...busy woman! Your stuff all looks great!
Me thinks that you are getting your Spring cleaning done early and will have tons of time to create when you are done with that. Love your displays.
with you not coming out for a while to Grant Street (sniff, sniff), I'm sure you will have tons to whip by the time you come out again :)
Love all your spring cleaning and decorating! You have been busy running around. I'd rather be in jeans than dress pants too!
Have a good one,
Courtney
I love how you've re-organized and decorated for spring!!
house looks good and always does ! love seeing your ideas...and it is just a matter hours before your mind is thinking of a new pattern to do..
Everything looks so warm and cozy from the quilts to the Hooked Rugs. You have been busy! Creating has to not be rushed if your not in the mood your not in the mood. Maybe you have a touch of pre Spring Fever.Cheri
Post a Comment