I do not make resolutions as most made the 1st of the year seem to disappear from ones mind before the month is out. I am however going to start today on one resolution and that is to start using what I have before I keep buying more.
I was in my bathroom closet putting away some supplies I bought and realize I already had 6 bottles of contact solution, then I noticed all the little things in there - all those little sample hair sprays and shampoos that come attached to the big ones that I keep pushing to the back to save to use "when I go away" - Well hello - how often to I go away? Several types of deodorants, not used - hello - I have only 2 armpits and why I need 4 extra on hand? and so it goes - so I'm vowing to use up this stuff before buying more!
Oh believe me - I'm by no means a hoarder - far from it - but it's silly to "save" some of these things - heck just use them!
Along with toiletries and groceries, I'm also going to keep it in mind with wool and such too (however my stash is getting low - can't have that - so may have to re-think this) !
Anyway that brings me to my deadlines - I finally can breath - I have everything ready to take to the Heritage Center tomorrow (the deadline to get myself in for the sale in December), and have completed all the orders I have! Woohoo. I was even done by 9:00 tonite so I finished up my AAPG Christmas Swap package and got that all together and that is going to be shipped out tomorrow (not even due until December 6th).
Will give myself a few days off then on to working on some Christmas presents and getting ahead for the next deadline! Might even get a rug hooked in there for me! Let's hope I can keep up the motivation!
Today I ventured out to the grocery store - oh my - was it ever crowded! I had gotten a free turkey a couple of weeks ago but I just needed the normal stuff. People were everywhere with full carts! I wish I would have had time to go last week before the craziness but didn't have the time!
This evening we had the title company over to our house - we refinanced at a nice lower rate ( 2 points lower - 3.78%) Was told by the guy that we had the best credit score # he has even seen! Hard to believe since we really do not have much to work with but I do try to pay off all the bills each month in their entirety. Another thing done and out of my hair!
Well I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and will show you these pics I took last night of two of my crazy kitties:
Riley was snoozing in this basket on top of the cobbler's rack - Jonesy decided he wanted it and pushed Riley (twice his size) out of it...
Look at that silly Jonesy laughing at Riley...Riley does not look amused...
Ahhh...friends - a sweet compromise (oh and I pushed his big old butt back on the wood box so they didn't topple over)
About 1/2 hour later - everyone warm and cozy and happy! What more can you ask for!





13 comments:
Awww...such sweet looking kitties! They almost look like the Bengal breed.
ohhhhh, the kitties are so cute! Good thinking with using what you have.
Hi Joanne, I think buying wool is a desease that cannot be cured! As for the rest of the stuff, we all do it - you are right - use it.
Did you ever hear of a cat breed called "Ragdoll?" I saw two of these yesterday and they are beautiful. Never seen cats like this before.
Well, I'm glad it's not New Year's yet!
I'm just giggling, because I think we all have those "samples" in our closets. Good idea to use them up!
Way to go on finishing up all your things Joanne! You amaze me. I hope you get to hooking something for yourself soon! Do you have anything in mind? A rug in your stash that you've been itching to do for you??
That Jonesy sure has fit into your family so nicely. Love how him and Riley are sharing :).
You have a wonderful Thanksgiving TOO !!
OMG! That last pic is priceless! The expression on Rileys face.... lol! Good for you for getting all your stuff done on time and ahead of time! Some relaxing (and wool shopping) is in order! Remember you said you would use what you have before buying more... if you're running out of wool.... it's CLEARLY time to (and perfectly ok) to buy MORE!
That last picture is a hoot!!!!
Hi Joanne,
While I was reading about using up stuff that you already have, I got to thinking about my bathroom closet shelves. I realized that I only seem to use the stuff thats right in front. What's in the other 12 inches of shelf in the back??? Maybe that would be a good place to explore one of these days! hahaha!!!
Love the kitty pictures! They are too funny! I love the way Riley manages to stuff himself back in the cat bed with only a few body parts hanging out!
Happy Thanksgiving!
OMG! I'm back to look at that last pic again... crackin' me up!!!!
Joanne ~
Congrats on getting everything done and I'm sure it's plenty! After your Christmas gifts, make yourself a rug!!! You deserve it.
Love all the kitty pics.
Pug hugs and Happy Thanksgiving :)
Lauren
Hi Joanne,
So happy to hear you are all caught up on your orders and deadlines. What a great feeling. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving and I hope you find some time for yourself. I am sure you deserve it. Talk to you soon. Lisa
They are so funny and so sweet. Mine will not snuggle together, but they do sleep on the same chaise now.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Debbie
Joanne,
What cute cats! I love reading about yours but won't have one again. Can't deal with the litter box. My barn cat went to my sister's when I left the farm. Always had a problem with the dogs wanting to clean the box out for me. Yuck!
Yours are so cute and I enjoy them. I have so much to do, want to come help me finish my stuff? I didn't think so, oh well.
Look at those babies! How cute are they. Bless my little Riley's heart!!!!!! All I can say ----- haha ----- he's eating well. Priceless pictures.
Shoot, we thought we did good having Lucy Poosey and Charley on the sofa at the same time, last night. LOL.
xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment