Actually I'm all messed up - my rug hooking room that is - again it's a disaster! One of these days I will get it totally organized and learn to put things away as I go - but no - I pull wool out and it doesn't get put back right, I look for glue and then leave it on the corner of the hutch, then I look for twine and leave that roll over there, and then I look for the packing tape - and leave that on the floor, well you get the picture!
I guess I have to come to the conclusion - it's my work room - and leave it at that!
The morning after my last post when I thought all my deadlines had been met I woke up to an email for an order of 11 mug rugs. I still gave myself a couple of days off and then "thought" about drawing up squares! Well I finally did yesterday and have 8 of the 11 hooked as of tonite while watching Dark Shadows (Yes I'm still watching this series - can't remember when I started -sometime in the Spring - I just finished Disk 83 out of 125 or so DVD's! LOL). Jonesy has placed himself on top of the frame so there is no hooking going on right now! That's okay - there is always tomorrow.
I also started a couple of Christmas presents and have been toying around with something to make for my Mother for Christmas. She's very particular and has to have a place for something or else let you know exactly what she wants or she isn't happy. I have surprised her with a few rugs over the past few years and most have been accepted and loved. So I'm thinking of making her a runner for her entranceway - I know that is something she would like and it would replace an old one she has there now. Now the trick is to figure out what design and can I pull off an approx. six foot runner by Christmas! Will have to dwell on this a little longer.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We stayed home - my husband didn't want to go anywhere and didn't want to company this year - he just wanted to stay home. No problem. I got a free turkey at the grocery store (well not exactly free - you had to have their "card" and spend $75 that day!) . So I made us the turkey and stuffed that baby (and while I was stuffing it I won't go into the commentary that was going on over my shoulder by my husband) and some veggies and called it dinner! It all came out great so last few days it's been turkey clubs, hot turkey sammies, turkey enchiladas, and so on!
Wishing you all a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sounds like my house...I have that problem of not putting things away. YIKES! Must get some organization sometime soon!
Hey, when I'm done painting, you can come and help me put all my stuffff away, how's that? I think we are pro's at making a mess and cleaning it up again lol.
Hmmm, a runner that big by Christmas? Miss Speedy hands of yours, I'm sure you could pull it off :)
That is just the way it goes when you are on a creative roll! :) Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving... and leftover turkey is always wonderful! WTG on the huge rug order too!
Joanne ~
Eight rug mats in a day. Christmas gifts. A six foot runner by Christmas??? I could maybe get it done for Christmas 2013.
Sounds like your Thanksgiving was perfect!
Hugs :)
Lauren
I think messy rooms are just and inevitable part of the creative process - at least that's the case with me!
joanne~
Making messes is an important part of the creative process and requires great skill to perfect!! It also produces more creativity...trying to figure out how to make order out of chaos!!! We are SO TALENTED!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving great comments too....so special to hear from you always!!
Blessings my busy friend~
Julie
I could use a good cleaning and organizing too.
I am getting so behind this week and it is frustrating, but thinking positive and tomorrow I will feel great;)
Debbie
Hi Joanne,
I think your DH has the right idea about staying home and having a small quiet Thanksgiving. That's the plan for next year.
My house is a mess because I don't put things away after I use them. And when I do put them away, then I can't find the stuff. I can't win!!! LOL!
Enjoy your Christmas gift making!
And kiss the kitties.
Well....you see for yourself what "messes" I make behind my counter....I just can't create and be organized at the same time. Hmmmmm...maybe if I wouldn't be creating 6-7-8-things at one time!! I really think that means...I start a project and then another and forget what the first one is so I start a third....you get my drift! I give up !!!
Post a Comment