Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trying to Get Things Done!

I am so itching to make a rug for myself but I told myself while I was unemployed I will take whatever opportunities I can to sell some items.   So I have a few things upcoming I have to prepare for.  One of the things I will be doing is having a table at a 2-day event -  I keep asking myself why I have decided to take this on keep asking myself why I am doing this alone, will i have enough stuff, how can I make my table look appealing, what will people want to buy - and many more things are running through my head as the date gets closer. 

Of course I wasted most of the summer, I really could have gotten more done but it was so darn hot even with the a/c on !  Honestly, I think when I was working full time I accomplished more things than I do now!

This weekend I decided no starting any new projects - I had to finish binding, labeling, and pricing what I did have and then move on from there. So that's what I have spent the past few days doing!  I'd sooner hook a room size rug than sew on one label! 

Here's a sampling (no particular order and some you may have seen before from the hook-ins or whatever) of some of the rugs that I have done the past few months and some prior to that - yesterday I finished steaming them all and they are all labeled and priced and put in a tub awaiting either the 2-day show, the Folk Art Sale in December, a handful will go to The CP tomorrow, and today some went to live at the Mercer Museum's gift shop.   Oh and remember the pics aren't that great - can never get true colors with my camera (I'm sure it's me and not the camera!)





I'm trying to keep hook mostly smaller size mats a nd only a handful of larger ones.   I also have those crows, cat heads, magnets, and zinc lid pin cushions to add to the table and hope to get some feather tree and skirts made too and a few more smaller rugs!  Oh my stars, why do i do this to myself!

Enjoy your day!

16 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

My goodness you have been busy to say the least. You will have a wonderful booth and I'm sure you will have it packed with customers.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Joanne~
All I can say is, "WOW"!!! You have an amazing collection fo gorgeous rugs that will thrill your customers!!! Your other handmades will be nice fillers too and I am sure you will do very well!!! Here's hoping!!!

Best Blessings~
Julie

kelley said...

WOWSER Joanne! all those little beauties should be finding new homes quickly...who could resist them...

The heat this summer sure did drain all the joy of hooking out of me too...

patijane's primitives said...

Wow, Joanne..you have some beautiful rugs and people will be running to your table to get first choice at all your goodies. I know what you mean about deciding to do a show though..I do the same thing..ask myself what was I thinking..why didn't I get more done..what do people want to buy. You will do great!!!!

Mary said...

Joanne, you have been one busy beaver!!!! And they all look great! Wishing you great success with your shows. Can't wait to see what you decide to hook for yourself when the time is right.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh my Joanne, each one is a treasure! You will sell out when folks see your booth!!

moosecraft said...

Another WOW being shouted out from here! You certainly have a good selection that should tempt just about anybody zooming through your booth! Good luck with the show!

weaverpat said...

Hi Joanne,
I agree about the labels!!! That's a lot of hand sewin', girl! LOL!!! Probably took as long (or longer) than it takes to do a rug.

What a great batch of cute mats!!! You will have no trouble selling them. Make sure you take pictures of your booth!

Doris said...

My you have been busy Joanne. I love the "redware eggs" - they are little beauties. I know you will have a sell out and not need to find a Job!!! love ya'

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
Good Lord girl!!! I don't know how you do it! You've hooked more in a few months than I've hooked in years. They are all wonderful and each picture was better than the previous one. I'm sure your selling will be very successful. Please be sure to take pictures of your booth before all is sold.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
P.S. Believe me. It's the camera, NOT YOU!!! I can NEVER capture the true color in my rugs.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Wow girl, you put me to shame! Hey, next time you have labels to sew on, you bring them out to the hook in and "I will do them for you"!! Don't mind at all :)
I know you will do wonderful with your sales. All your hard work will pay off!!

WoolenSails said...

You have made a lot of beautiful rugs.
I want to make more smaller ones, they seem to sell better than the large ones and great for wall hangings.

Debbie

Ann said...

Joanne, If you consider all of those projects "wasting" your summer - you would consider me the world's biggest slacker! THey are all so beautiful. ~Ann

Gayle said...

Wow, wow, wow! That seems to be the concensus of all your comments and I will add to that! You put me to shame with the amount of work you have done - good job! (and they're all adorable by the way!)

primitivebettys said...

That is a bunch of really GREAT rugs! I'm sure you will do well at your show. :)

The Cinnamon Stick said...

JOANNNNNNNNE.....WOW!!! is right ..Holy Catfish!! Love everything !!!!...Creativity at it's best!
You got so much accomplished - hope it all sells and you have lots of $$'s in your pocket. Did you see my wool feather tree all decked out???!!!