Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just Crowin' Around

Well actually instead of just screwin' around doing nothing, I decided to do some crowing!

Today I got out the black wool and made some crows - yep - can you say "Primitive"!  The crows all came out different sizes - some with big heads and some with skinny backends, and one poor crow looks like it's pregnant! That's because I just hand cut the fabric instead of tracing a crow and cutting it out properly! Anyway - Here's my crows!


I think the reason for the crows is all Judy of The Spice Cupboard Blog's fault.  I met up with my friend Sharon, of Moosecraft's Blog, and we went to her Fall open house (What fun it was shopping there - lots of goodies to be tasted, lots of items to choose from - I tried to behave but she had a lot of black cats - a favorite of mine!) !  Well Judy was talking about her upcoming "Crow Convention" at the Cinnamon Stick and the candy called "Crows" - So there you go - my idea bloomed!

I also mentioned in a previous post about Jonesy and his love of pork products - well look at what I found...


He must have taken that invitation I received to a pig roast out of the trash and hung it up above his bed!  Image that! 

Today actually felt like a beautiful fall day - the humidity "has left the area" (hopefully for good) and there was a nice breeze and sun!  Hoping the weekend stays like that!

Happy Friday to all!

11 comments:

patijane's primitives said...

Joanne, I love your crows. Wish I lived closer so I could shop at your booth. Sounds like you and Sharon had a good time shopping too. Nothing like that around here in Oklahoma. Not very many people like primitive.

patijane's primitives said...

Joanne, I love your crows. Wish I lived closer so I could shop at your booth. Sounds like you and Sharon had a good time shopping too. Nothing like that around here in Oklahoma. Not very many people like primitive.

moosecraft said...

You're crows are cute! The Cinnamon Stick was a lot of fun! I hope to get back out there again soon!

Ann said...

Those crows are great - I love crows! Jonesy and Shadow need to meet up - Shadow has a Dairy Queen coupon that he runs around the house with. HELLO Cat - that is a free ice cream coupon!! I'm going to have to confiscate it soon. ~Ann

Jacque. said...

Those crows are too, too fun (and funny!). ohman, you live close to Sharon? How'd I not know that? You sure are keeping busy. Jonesy...what a cat. He'd make a good brother for Tag. hahaha!

Doris said...

Hi Joanne - the crows are great! That Jonsey is one smart kitty. Miss seeing you

Doris said...

Hi Joanne - the crows are great! That Jonsey is one smart kitty. Miss seeing you

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love your crows Joanne! That Jonesy is the smartest cat ever! lol
How fun for you and Sharon to be able to go to The Cinnamon Stick together.

WoolenSails said...

Lots of wonderful crows. I have a few patterns for them and one of these days I will make some. I think someone is hinting, lol.

Debbie

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Lovin' those crows...looks like you had lots of fun doing them.

Just trying to zoom around and catch up on my fav blogs...

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Great job Joanne, nice and Prim!! Love how they are all different.. That is "hand-made" to me :)