First there are no pictures in this post - so just mentioning that now!
I did a dumb thing on Monday night and learned a valuable lesson. Never feed your laptop Coke Zero.
Okay it was a complete accident and less than 1/4 cup of soda - most of it ran under the laptop but it still managed to shut it down and didn't come back on until about 12 hours later! When I finally got the computer running again it was hissing louder than Miles growling at Riley. Seriously - that weird electrical hissing. The keyboard is dead so I have attached a desktop keyboard temporarily.
I have a new computer on order (been looking for the past few months but didn't want to spend the money just yet but broke down and did it)
Spent a lot of hours last night taking off my documents and photo's I wanted to keep - Several times the computer shut down on me and I got that blue screen with some weird messages "Fatal" "Dumping Physical Memory" and all these weird things - I would see that and immediately shut it off and bless it's heart, I would be able to turn it on again!
By no means am I a computer geek - but I can do a few things here and there. I am so happy that I was able to save my photo's, especially my "Jonesy" file - i never printed out a pic of him yet!
Isn't it amazing how quickly we have taken this box for granted knowing we can turn it on and visit with our friends and do necessities like online banking, checking mortgage rates, job searches, whatever - and then when we CAN'T do this we are all out of sorts! That's what I've been experiencing this week!!!
Since my cleaning out last night and deleting and removing programs and defragging, etc. I got the hissing to stop (How, who knows?) hence this post as most of the week it wouldn't even let me look at a blo! Hoping it hangs on until next week when my new one will be here!
Thursday I made the trip out to Grant Street and had a great time. I haven't been out there for a weeks. Thank goodness for blogs like Kathy's so I can feel like I was there. First though I met up with Kathy at the coffee shop for a frozen treat! Oh so yummy. Then on to Grant Street (we were supposed to stop somewhere first but that's another story! LOL) There were a lot of new people I never met before. I did remember to take pictures but am afraid to load them in there right now in case of killing this off completely! Kathy finished her cross stitch piece which was so cool, Nancee came and was almost done her latest rug, Genny was working on her chair pads, Jackie was starting a new rug, Joan was finishing her chair pads, Beth and Jill were there and working on their rugs, Barb was hand quilting, Linda was busy hooking too - so much going on. Me I was just whipping more rugs - I actually got 5 of them whipped and still have 5 or 6 to go, and I have to give Kathy a big THANK YOU - she was so generous and offered to sew on my labels! Woohoo! I said in a previous post I hate that part and I do- I swear I'd rather hook a room size rug than sew one label (Like I'd rather make a turkey dinner than make one little sandwich!) So THANK YOU KATHY and thank you for liking to do weird things too like untangling my yarn!
This next week will be crunch time in getting ready for the "show" this coming Saturday and Sunday. It will be a lot of work setting up and taking down on Saturday and then having to do it again Sunday but I hope I sell at least one rug to make the day worth it! I am pricing to sell I hope!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
ohmygosh, Joanne. You poor thing...I would just be lost without my computer! Glad you were able to save all your photos and such...and that you were able to order a new one! What are you getting?
Joanne - you are right. I never missed what I didn't have but now I don't know what to do with myself when the computer is down!! It's like I have lost the world. Hope to see you in Cburg before long. I miss you and hope you enjoy the silly stuff I send to you.
Oh I know exactly how you feel. I am LOST without my computer. Mine was down for a whole 24 hours this week and I thought I would go bonkers without it. Had to call AT&T to come out as the problem was outside in the line. MICE!!! Mice had chewed through the line in a box down the road!!!!!
Keeping my fingers crossed that your new laptop gets to you soon! And, that it lasts for many years... Sounds like another great day at Grant Street! Frozen coffee treat sounds ohhhhh so yummy! :-)
I hope your new computer comes soon.
I really need to do a clean and file save, before I regret it, have too much on here now.
Debbie
I hope your new puter gets there quickly! Guess you won't feed it any soda. ;) Never a good thing!
Sorry for the stress... but hope your new one is a dream.
Please post where your show is! I would love to come if it's anywhere close to where I live.
So sorry about your computer! I guess we all need to back -up regularly!
Wanda
Joanne ~
Thanks for the reminder to back up ~ something I always think about but NEVER do. I hope I don't have to learn the hard way.
Here's hoping the new computer arrives quickly. I'm thinking of getting a netbook or laptop. What kind are you getting? I know NOTHING about computers and don't have the inclination to even read up on them. Just not enough hours in the day.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
Hi Joanne,
Sorry I missed you at Grant Street.
Waaah! No computer is the fate worse than death! LOL! All our friends are here! We get to Communicate!
And what else would we waste our time on. Surely not housework?
Hope your new one gets here soon!!!
Post a Comment