Of course, as always, I'm not a very good photographer - the rug is more muted in person and more "uniform" looking if that makes sense.
Today I decided to do a "drive-by" cleaning of my hooking room. I have absolutely no motivation and really need to get going on some projects (I know you are probably tired of hearing me say that over and over again!). My thinking is if I semi-unclutter the room I can sit and get started. Well I spent the morning, with my helpers of course (And someone please tell Riley that when you throw something away you leave it in the waste basket not dump it and take it back out - he's taking out balls of paper and his empty treat container! LOL) Maybe he thinks he's helping - who knows!
I just do not know how this room gets this way - I totally clean it and organize it and in a blink of an eye its a mess again. Well today I made some progress - decided to just make neater piles and put what I can away (we won't talk about the closet right now) and just make it so you can move around.
I actually just cut a few pieces of linen and am about to zigzag around them and have a few sharpies handy and some shapes to trace around. One can only guess what I will come up with! Remains to be seen!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!


12 comments:
Joanne,I love the rug! If it's about cats, then I'd love to win it. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. Hugs, Jane
I think the cats do it, when we are asleep, lol.
I swear, I go to bed with a clean house and the next day it looks like someone had a party;)
Debbie
WOW! Joanne, that is fabulous! Wonderful Rug!!! How are your babies?? I worry about mine too!
I seen in your previous post about not grooming anymore, we are there too! HUGS! CAThy
Joanne ~
I'm sure Riley's taking the empty treat box out of the trash can in hopes that you will fill it!
It is amazing how the hooking can turn on you overnight. Debbie thinks it's the cats....I think it's the pugs.
I sure do hope you pick me as your give-away winner {{grin}}.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
someone is going to be falling over ecstatic when they win this rug! I have my own I've been slowly hooking...but changed all the animals to cats!!!
cleaning and decluttering is my go-to activity for motivating me to hook or stitch... if it doesn't work at least the sewing room will be the one clean spot in the house...
Melrose was just helping me put away the groceries today...he jumped up on the counter, stuck his head in a bag and ran off with a package of sandwich buns...
Hey Joanne...I love that rug...remember when it was offered as a BOM. You did a great job with it and the person who receives it is one fortunate person! Keeping the craft/sewing/hooking room neat and uncluttered is a never-ending job...I am right there with you!
Joanne:
Why do we think we need to "clean" before we "hook"????? We know, once we start creating, there is going to be another big mess.
Why can't we just make the mess and close the door?
Hasn't worked for me yet......but I keep hoping I can develop tunnel vision and hook thru the mess.
BANG!!!!!!
That was my door closing!!!!! LOL
Give Miles a little kiss from me. I know how he breaks your heart.
Cleaning and organizing helps me to think a bit more clearly... I think the room feels more relaxed without a lot of clutter... looking forward to seeing what you doodled!
I'm looking for motivation too. My sewing room needs some straightening before I tackle a new project. Maybe in a day or two. My cat, Stormy just lays in the way..he doesn't help clean(-:
This is a awesome giveaway! Thank you for the chance. So Awesome!
Hugs, Jaja
tjlburke at gmail dot com
Ms. Joanne,
I love your give-a-way rug. You do amazing work.
Give the boys a hug.
Cheryl P, INDIANA
Wow! What a beautiful and generous give away! It's an incredible rug. I've always loved hooked rugs and even tried hooking, but it just wasn't for me ~ I need to stick with cross stitch and wool applique. Congratulations on being so close to 200 posts! That's quite an accomplishment! Wishing you many more lovely posts to come :)
Blessings, Patti
Post a Comment