It was a hot one when I left - felt like a sauna when I was packing my car! They were calling for severe thunderstorms for the evening so I almost decided not to go. I do love to drive but not on the turnpike during a storm - it's like driving thru a car wash constantly with those big trucks. I went anyway and thank goodness I did - just hot and humid - no rain on the way home!
I know I sound like a broken record but I did forget to keep taking pictures but I have a few which I will post in random order below.
I took some pin cushions I'm making to stuff and Kathy laughed at my big bag of snippets (pic on her blog) but you know what - I used them ALL up and some of hers! Haha! I keep a big bag in my closet in my rug hooking room and just dump my little snippet dish in there when it fills up. Adds up quick when I hook a lot! Oh and you never know what else you will find in there - found a broken bracelet in there, some gift tags, a candy wrapper from a mini Reese's, and I forget what else. A while back I found a hook, a sharpie, and a few other things - Guess I need to check my dish! LOL
I have to get to hooking but have been in a slump with getting started on it. That's why I worked on the pin cushions. I did manage to whip 1 1/2 small (really small) mats yesterday if that counts. Just wasn't into it - I was more into sitting and chatting and relaxing yesterday!
There were people in and out all day. Kathy brought me lunch - a nice refreshing salad (to balance the junk food we ate) and she also brought me some red wool from her stash and a bag of the Black Bean Tortilla chips - hard to find around here - they are very tasty! So thank you Kathy - oh and I will get you back for that traveling $10!
It was so nice seeing Jill again (and Beth where were you?)!
Sherri - "Why am I the only one working here'?
Kathy and Pat - "I pledge to the mighty hook to actually pull some loops today"
Kathy - Any hooker worth her salt wouldn't tie her hair back with anything but a woolly worm!
Marian, Louise, and Willa - "Okay Willa, you aren't leaving here until you tell us your secret on how you get so many rugs hooked in so short of a time"
Riley - "Hey Kathy - Mom thanks you for the wool and Dad thanks you for the Chips! Where's the guacamole?"
Hoping everyone has more motivation than I!
Don't forget about my hooked rug give-a-way on post #188 (Sign up here). Post 200 will name the winner - whenever that will be!
Happy Weekend!






5 comments:
Looks like a fun time and nice goodies to bring home with you.
Debbie
LOL, I think the heat is really getting to you.... Really happy you made the trip. Yep, you did use ALL those snippets and then some. You are not only a fast hooker and whipper, you are a fast stuffer too!
Glad you liked the salad and "stuff"....
Great to see you on Thurs.!
Even if we don't actually hook, the conversation is always interesting! And it's fun just getting out of the house.
I guess we're both searching for the next big project.
Thanks for bringing the delicious cakes!!!
Just look at that beautiful RILEY! What a regal cat!
You girls looked like you were having a great time!!!!!!!
You gals have so much fun! What a great way to spend the day.
Post a Comment