Well it was a fun day out - Kathy met me in Morgantown around 10 this morning - she came all the way from Shippensburg so she had almost a 2 hour drive and we shopped all day and didn't even drop! Let's see if I can remember our route!First stop was the rug hooking store in Morgantown - Olde Peddlar Wools - they have lots of yarn and things and upstairs hooking and spinning supplies, etc.
Then it was on the Morgantown Re-Uzit Shoppe in an old Church up the road - one of my favorite thrift stores for finding items nice and cheap. Today I only bought some thread and a knob. Kathy got a great find for the price too.
Next it was up to Blue Ball to the next thrift store - I think Kathy found some fabric there. Lots of stuff to paw through.
Then it was over to the New Holland area to "The Cornfield" - this is a unique store - lots of pine Amish type furniture, lots of "renewed items" like old shutters made into tables, painted shutters and doors and make into hangers, etc. Some nice rustic prim items, and silly items too - Always fun to walk around this store. Any type of hardware you need they have in piles along with old doors and shutters and windows and things to make your own.
Next was to the New Holland Re-Uzit Shoppe - didn't find anything today in there but again fun to look around. This is the store where Kathy was misbehaving in - I mean really - how old is she? LOL - they had a box of letters and, my stars, the words she was spelling out, made me blush! What a good laugh there. Now I know what she does in stores - she "spells" things!
After that I took her to the Flower and Craft Warehouse in Blue Ball. Upstairs they have a country shoppe, a Christmas shoppe, outdoor furniture, and more. Downstairs is every dried flower you could image, a basket area, a scrap booking room that is huge, a candle room that is huge and just rows of general craft supplies
After that it was off to Shady Maple's downstairs cafe for a bit to eat - Not really into their "famous" smorgasbord unless you want to lay down stuffed to the gills the rest of the afternoon. After lunch it was over to Shady Maple Market to buy a few fruits and veggies and groceries. We were both good and just looked at the baked goods which are very tempting.
This it was down to Churchtown. The last few times I've been out there I noticed a sign for a "fabric warehouse" - So we stopped there - Well warehouse is the word - huge place - must have been an old manufacturing plant or something -

What's that off in the distance?
Why that's Kathy waving at me from behind the huge rows of bolts of fabrics.
Geez - that place was huge and filled with fabric - not too much knocked my socks off in all that - We bought saw a sign that said "Wool" and headed that way - but it was all wool that wasn't really good for hooking unfortunately - unfortunately it would be a hooker's heaven in that room if it was full of good hooking wool. That have tons of notions and things too. After the fabric warehouse we drove down to the Blue Snickel - it's an extreme primitive story - the grungy primitive. She has a lot of "made in the USA items" which is great to see. Like going in there for ideas.
Next was to the Antique Co-op - two floors in a big old building of antiques - each space is maintained by whoever rents that space. Lots to look at in there. Again - nice to get ideas and have fun with the items - like what the heck was that used for?
After that it was across the street to Treasure Hill Antiques - more of the same - a big old musty building with a puppy running around who seemed to be pining when Kathy left.
By this time it is 5:30 and they roll the carpets up there but the "Hayloft Fabrics" was still open. This is cool fabric store but it's a funny store the way it is set-up. It's actually above the grocery store but on the perimeter - you go up the stairs and the store itself is shaped like a "U" and it's all open and you overlook the grocery store downstairs. I know you can't tell from the photo below - but I'm standing on one side of the fabric store watching Kathy shop on the other side - She turned just as I took the pic. That's the grocery store below us - and where the railing is on the far side is the other side of the store - pretty large considering up there.

I managed to find some nice black ticking that won't need to be aged - already looks it - I want to attempt to make chair pads for my dining room and I couldn't resist - had to have some Halloween fabric - will post pics of that in a few days if my idea of what i want to make with it works out - of and course - it has cats on the fabric. I bought a bunch of cording too - I generally finish off my rugs with cording and wool. I mean you can't beat it as $0.10 a yard for the thin stuff and $0.16 a yard for the 6/32 thickness.
At that point we were out of stores that were opened so we went to grab a bite at Pizza Hut and then went our separate ways home!
Anyway it was a great day - fun to shop with someone else so thanks for coming out that away Kathy! So glad you had a good time too! Will have to do it again sometimes - this time maybe out in Lancaster itself!
Well I better get my buns to bed - Supposed to be off to the shore for a few days tomorrow - but not sure if I'm going yet - I so want to jump in the ocean but every time I make plans to go down the weather is crappy! Will decide in the morning!
Goodnite!

4 comments:
I would love to check out that store, love fabric warehouses. We had one that sold by the pound, but of course it closed. I have never seen black ticking?
You made me tired with all that shopping you did;)
Debbie
Joanne, I had a wonderful time yesterday! I may spell out words, but I'll have to save what you do for my blog LOL. Sure wish I could have gotten a picture, but you are too fast...
Can't wait till our next get together!
What a super day! Looks like you have some real nice places to shop. Weather here in Joisey is good for the next few days with the exception of a late day storm... so visit the shore!!! Winter will be here before ya' know it! LOL!
WOW!! That sounds like a wonderful day with LOTS of great places to shop! Will have to write down where all you guys went- can't wait to drag Zip down there! hehehe!!!
Post a Comment