Monday, June 8, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Well this weekend was pretty low-key - Friday it poured all day so I went decided to go eat a big bag of popcorn and see a chick flick at the movies. After that went grocery shopping and home. When I got home, I didn't leave the house all weekend! (and for those that know me - they know that is a rare occurence!)

Friday nite I ended up reading a book - started it around 10:30 and didn't stop until I was done! Well by that point it was nearly 4:30 a.m. so of course after a few hours of sleep my day was really sluggish! Spent the day doing laundry and about 3 hours in the kitchen slicing and dicing and cooking - real exciting huh?

Sunday was my husband's birthday - Made him a nice dinner and a lemon meringue pie - other than that he spent the day in his "mancave" watching horror movies!

Sunday afternoon was so hot and we didn't have the air on in the house - noticed earlier in the day the kitties were pretty sluggish - well went looking for them.

Here's where Riley spent over 8 hours on Sunday - in his basket on top of the tall bureau in the bedroom (the one where he normally throws the bed off of) This is an ideal spot - even though the bedroom was extremely hot the ceiling fan was going full blast!

Went looking for Miles - well here I found Mr. Limp Biscuit - he's so darn cute.


I do believe he was telling me to just GO AWAY here!

I finally broke down and put on our central ac this morning - both my husband and I had a miserable nights sleep it was so hot - why neither of us got up and closed windows and turned on the air is beyond me! LOL!

Well today I met my husband for lunch at the mexican restaurant, and then went to a few thrift stores. No real treasures today - did find a pile of Early American Life magazines so bought them to puruse. When I got home, I decided to "attempt" to do something with my living room. I just don't know where to go with it. I hate the size of my living room - not that it's small - it's just longer and narrow and it's so hard to place furniture. Or else I just do not have the right stuff! Grrrrrrr - i sit in there and i move things all around and nothing seems to work. I hate cutesy country and love prim so it's always a work in progress trying to "prim" it up. Of course the style is more "Early Flea Market" with flea finds, hand me downs and a mishmash of styles, but you know how it is - there are just pieces you have to keep and like! Oh my - Spent the afternoon moving stuff around and still not happy with it - Will have to keep working on it!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

3 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Joanne,
What were you reading???Sounds like my kind of weekend! And in my next incarnation, I want to come back as a well-loved housecat! Do our kitties ever have the life- eating, sleeping, playing and being petted and photographed. And best of all, being told they're wonderful, even when they do nothing!!! LOL!!!

Jacque. said...

Yeah, I want to know what kept you reading and not going to bed! Have a great week!

JoJo said...

I have a fair amount of weekends where I don't leave the house either but for me, it's more the norm. Just too tired to haul my butt out the door. I've even had to skip church....too much pain to even think about getting cleaned up, in the car, and getting there.

Love the pictures of Miles and Riley. My kitties look like limp biscuits too when it gets too warm. And as I've gotten older, I find that I just can't deal with the heat and humidity. I used to say that I wouldn't turn the a/c on until after June 1st. But sleep is so valuable to me and I can't sleep if I'm sticking to the sheets. So the cats are the beneficiaries of my being hot. The a/c gets turned on and the ceiling fans are going full out.

Miles seems to feel the same way I do.....just leave me alone and let me suffer! LOL.