Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Beachy Day and a Rainy Day

When I woke up Monday morning it was an absolutely beautiful day - The sun was shining, it was clear and blue, and it was supposed to get warmer later. Tuesday was supposed to be just as nice or nicer.

I had an urge to go to the beach! Just felt like a beach day! So threw a few things in a bag and off I went that afternoon.

Tuesday I woke up and drove to Ocean City, NJ and settled down on the beach - Ahhhh the ocean - just love sitting there reading and staring at the ocean. It was a warm (high 80's) clear blue day with a light breeze -


I couldn't believe all the people on the beach - guess I figured there would be a few people but it was pretty full - this area wasn't quite so congested!


Spent the day on the beach and then decided to walk on the boardwalk - great day for just walking! It's funny the people you meet, I went into one of the jewelry stores and was looking around and a woman came up and asked if she could help me - I was looking at the fused metal with different pics and such, and she was telling me the woman makes whatever kind you want and did I have any hobbies! I said yes i did rug hooking, but was just "browsing" (window shopping is about what i can afford these days! LOL) So she starts telling me how she took a class in Ephrata, PA (where I was just at last Friday!) - she couldn't remember the rug hooking teacher - and was telling me how she hasn't finished her project yet, and that rug hooking just wasn't for her. Just too funny - found a person who actually knew was rug hooking was in a store on the boardwalk in NJ! She just moved to OC from Hanover, PA. Just a small world. Had myself a slice of pizza and then later stopped and got an ice cream cone to enjoy during my walk. Just a beautiful day to be out and doing nothing! Was going to go back to the beach on Wednesday but it was overcast and threatening rain so I just came home. Had a good time and am ready to do it again!
Today it is overcast and we just had a few showers and downpours. So what else is there to do but follow the kitties around with a camera!
Here I found Riley playing with his "basket" (cat bed) on top of the hutch where he likes to nap - He loves to attack the basket - if you look close there are a lot of teeth marks in it!
Oops - guess who tossed his basket on the floor!

I promise Mom I wasn't throwing it at Miles!


"Okay Mom, I promise I won't throw the bed on Miles again - can I leave the corner now?"


I think someone took the camera and took a shot of himself!



Okay leave me alone - trying to take a nap here - just don't know where to put my long legs!

Went searching for Miles - turned on the bathroom light - and look who I found (he oftens sleeps on the sink counter - the reason we have this little rug in there for him,
"Hey Mom, now that you woke me up - can I have a drink please?"

Mmmmm - I love water:
Hope everyone is having a good week
joanne

6 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love your kitty posts! They are too cute.
Aaaaah, the Jersey shore. I can say I do miss that, but nothing else lol. Glad you had a good time. I think you'll be going there a LOT this summer!

moosecraft said...

Well now... YOUR pictures make the jersey shore look nice! LOL! I haven't been there in years as it is usually so crowded and parking a real bugger. Glad you lucked out and got a couple of beautiful days to enjoy! Great pics of Riley and Miles too... :-)

weaverpat said...

Those kitties are just too cute. We have cat beds like those, too. My guys love them! Right now I'm having a hard time typing because a kitty is laying on my arm instead of in her bed.
Isn't it crazy how you meet rughookers in the most unexpected places. Glad you had a nice relaxing day at the shore.

JoJo said...

Joanne, as always, I love your kitty pics. So photogenic.

Beth said...

wow joanne how long does it take you to get to the beach and where do you stay?? you are one independent woman i love that about you!! and the kitties are as cute and smart as ever i love those distinct stripes!!!

WoolenSails said...

Wish we could get better weather for the beach, still waiting for the rains to quit. Miles just loves to be in the thick of things.

Debbie