Saturday, May 23, 2009

This and That

The last few days the heat has really kicked in. Yesterday I was out running errands and shopping most of the day. One of my stops was for tomato plants and pepper plants - We put them in containers on our deck since our soil is rocky and nothing seems to grow - it's hard enough getting grass to grow - but we do get plenty of sun back there! So by the time I got home my car was filled with cans of cat food and kitty litter (sale at the pet store); bags of groceries; veggie plants and bags of soil - Boy it was hot dragging all that stuff in and putting it away!

Anyway, it's too funny hot the heat affects the kitties. Riley turns into this limp dishrag. This is where he spent the entire day on Thursday and Friday:

That chair is sitting in front of the window and under a ceiling fan,

Poor guy, he's just oozed into this chair:


Here he is quite annoyed at me taking his picture! Look at that mug - shooting daggers at me! Or is that him pleading with me for the AC?


So about 8:00 last nite - Riley was sitting at the top of the stairs looking miserable - I said to him "Hey buddy, are you hot?" He then proceed to fall over like one of those goats that just drop on their side when startled - I couldn't stop laughing - he is so dramatic! So I told him I would break down and put on the central air which I did - I couldn't take the heat any longer either! Well in about half hour - that boy was tearing around getting into everything! He was spinning my hooking frame, digging in my wool, killing his toy mouse and just raising a ruckus. Amazing what a little AC will do for a cat!

Today my hublet spent the day outside planting our veggie plants - I told him to use sunscreen - he asked if we had any and I said yes in the bathroom closet. Now I know him, if it doesn't grow wings and fly into his hands from the closet then he'll say he can't find it - so i pulled it out and put it on the counter for him. I then left for most of the day.

Well just a little while ago he asked me to "put something" on his back! He never used the sunscreen so he is as red as Riley's toy lobster!

Ouch!


Had a nice surprise in my mailbox today, my online group AAPG is doing a swap - This time the theme was "Green" - we had to send green wool, green floss, buttons, and something "extra" - Jo had my name (just like the blue swap!). Here's a pic of my "loot" - I believe she made that little wool bird - too cute. Thanks Jo!


The clouds have rolled in and it's starting to thunder. Riley is seated next to me in my wool pile taking a nap It's still hot outside but nice and cool in the house - thank goodness for the person that invented air conditioning is all I have to say!
Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Weekend - enjoy whatever you choice to do!
joanne

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Joanne...how hot is it there? Riley is such a handsome guy...and I agree with him (you)...AC is the best! Poor hubby...ouch.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! We have a new kitty named diesel...he is lethargic in the heat too!! I just put his picture on my blog..he is super tiny!! Check him out!!!