The day for me started with my alarm ringing at 5:15 a.m. Jumped out of bed (yea right -no jumping for me during the 5:00 a.m. hour!), into the shower, fed the cats, loaded the car and out the door by 6:15 a.m and started my journey to Chambersburg.
I stopped for coffee and gas, and then stopped later to get rid of the coffee! "Garmin" got me to the right exit and the right road, but it was a residential house when he said "Arriving at destination!" So I drove about another mile - and then turned around - and then turned around again - then decided to pull in a convenience center and call Kathy! Kathy and Cheryl were already at the Salvation Army Sale (check out Kathy's blog - Rugs of Mine in Time - link down the side - she had some funny things happen and also has some great pictures). Kathy tried to get me going in the right direction so I told her I would call her back if I couldn't find the place.
I finally got there around 9:20 - Found Cheryl with her two sisters and Mother already checked out and holding onto a lot of bags! After settling Cheryl's items for the day in my car - we went back in and found Kathy! I did good and only bought a few things - I spent under $5 - even a half hour later that place was picked thru. It's amazing how many people show up for this yearly event!
After we were all checked out - we decided to go for a bite to eat - so we piled into Kathy's new car (thanks Kathy for driving us about!) which I must say is quite comfy, and went for an early lunch and then around Chambersburg to a few primitive shops. Kathy brought me back to my car and I followed her to Grant Street:

We arrived at Grant Street Woolworks. Linda owns Grant Street and runs a rug hooking store inside the building with Pat. During the day they sew World War I clothing and the store is just outside their sewing room. They were kind enough to hold an afternoon hook-in for us and the people that were in the area for the sale.
Here's Cheryl and Kathy unloading at Grant Street:
Unfortunately my camera was on the wrong setting so most of my pics didn't come out. When we got there Pat was working on her flower basket - Kathy has a great shot of her beautiful rug on her blog, and two ladies I didn't know. Doris was there (I met Doris at rug class) so it was so nice seeing her again. She was finishing the edge of her rug in a way I never saw before and she was kind enough to show me how she was doing it! Thanks Doris (if you read this!). We settled in but Linda's shop is wonderful I of course couldn't sit still at first - had to look at all the new wools and antiques and things.Here's a few pics from the day:
Here is Cheryl showing us her sock! Oh the "famous" sock - Cheryl has been working on knitting this sock for a while and I had heard so much about it - she brought it along to show us! We are thinking Cheryl needs to do something like framing this special sock! That is Linda watching Cheryl talk about "the sock"!

Kathy bought some wool from the Fabric Sale. Here are her and Cheryl doing the "burn" test! Didn't smell very good but she was lucky and got some 100% wool!
We ended up staying at Linda's until after 9:00 that night - Linda is a sweetheart and put up with us ! We didn't get any work done - well Cheryl did some hooking and Kathy did some stitching -but we spent more time talking. The day just flew by.
After we said our goodbyes to Linda (we couldn't talk her into going out to eat with us) we went to Applebee's.
Isn't this a great pic of Cheryl and Kathy - don't these two ladies have the most gorgeous smiles! I have to say I enjoy being in the company of both of them - always smiling and happy and so upbeat!

It was time to say goodbye - Kathy took Cheryl back to her Aunt's house and I made my journey home. I pulled in my parking spot at 1:18 a.m. - tired by happy - it was a good day for sure!
I didn't unload my car until the next day and Cheryl had given me a little gift - Aren't these the cutest how she folded them - She knitted and crocheted dish rags and they are so nice I do not want to use them! That is a friendship candle she gave me too! Thank you so much Cheryl! You are very special and very talented!

Spent the next day just doing not much of anything and Friday had to go help someone out - so far this weekend haven't done much except some necessary errands and finishing some projects!

Spent the next day just doing not much of anything and Friday had to go help someone out - so far this weekend haven't done much except some necessary errands and finishing some projects!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Joanne


4 comments:
Wow Joanne...sounds like a long but wonderful day for you and your friends. Good for you!
Joanne...i loved reading this posting...what a great day!! I was so disapointed i couldn't come to Grant Street...nothing would allow me the chance to go...I hope i get to see you in person again!!
Great post Joanne! I had an awesome time too. Had to say that first picture of me looks like a bad shot of Cher LOL!! I hate having my pic taken. But you can take one of my "little girl" anytime. Funny shot of her from behind. You crack me up!
Looks like you had a fun day with friends.
Debbie
Post a Comment