Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sleeping in Kinda Day

Birthday Boy after the Celebration (that's a heating pad he's laying on!)


Looks like he's passed out doesn't it! And no, I didn't get my big guy drunk - he just sleeps in the weirdest positions.
Riley loves his catnaps - he spends whole days taking one long nap- then the next day he'll but up and raising hell! He's too funny - today was a napping day.
Wish I could say I gave him a special treat on his birthday - but he is my first cat that doesn't care for treats, will NOT touch people food - even if i put it in his dish, and does not beg for food . So he was happy to know that a lot of you celebrated for him! (Jill - Chocolate with peanut butter is one of his favorite he said - not that he's tried it - he just knows I love it!)

He had a good day regardless -we played with his little mice, his milk rings, his balls, and he and my husband spent a few hours fishing last nite (it's a fishing pole with a mouse tied on the end - that way my husband can sit on his butt and just cast it and reel it in! )

Isn't it weird though that he won't eat anything but his pet food? Miles on the other hand is a pest when we eat - he comes out of nowhere and uses his "grabby" paws and will literally take things off your fork when it's on the way to your mouth! He's almost 16 and doesn't (can't) do much but sleep and lay around since he has a hard time walking around with his bad hip - but if there is food in the room he pretty much turns into a kitten again trying to get it!

Shrimp - did someone say shrimp?


Shrimp is Mile's favorite - if i pull out the pot to boil water he assumes shrimp is going into the pot even if it's spaghetti or whatever! He cries and acts like he's starving! Used to be he would jump on the counter but he can't anymore. Believe me if I'm making shrimp - i make extra for him! Now of course he's not spoiled.

Haven't hooked all week - cleaned up the hooking room and was afraid to blow it up again - Just kidding - just been kinda lazy! I'm going away for a couple of days to re-charge and hopefully when I get back I will be ready for the new challenges and also finishing up my rug I'm working on!

Time for bed - Goodnite!

7 comments:

JoJo said...

Nawww, Miles and Riley aren't spoiled, not one bit!! You have a heating pad for Miles -- we have a heated cat pad for our kits. Okay, you've got me on the shrimp for Miles. But we're trying to break Joey of a very bad habit. She wants to be ON the kitchen table while we eat dinner. And if we don't watch her closely, her nose ends up IN your plate, or (milk lover that she is) she'll stick her nose right into your glass and drink your milk for you!!

In order to try and stop all this, we're trying, without much sucess, to keep her off the table. Yeah, right!! I think you can probably figure out who's winning this war..........and it ain't the people!

I love it, Joanne, when you post pictures of Miles and Riley. So photogenic they are.

Oh, and how's your Dad feeling? Is he continuing to do well?

Joanne said...

Hi Jo-Jo - we have the same problem with Miles - he will stick his whole in a glass of water or milk - cleaned up a lot of messes - I still don't get why Riley isn't a pest - never had a cat that wasn't - i even gave him people food and he won't eat it! Too funny - he will tip your glass of water or whatever though just to play. My Dad is holding his own - adjusting - gets frustrated at the time it takes to go thru his new routines but he's working hard and doing all his exercises and things to get off all the tubes. He's determined. Thanks for asking.

Oh glad you like the pics - they are my favorite subject!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love the pic's Joanne! I would have taken advantage and slept the day away myself. For as talented as Riley is, you better watch it. He might be taking a picture of YOU sleeping next!!

Jacque. said...

Hey Joanne...I tell you, life would be so completely boring were it not for our pets. Cats, dogs...they're all so hilarious! Thanks for the smiles you put on my face with this post.

Ann said...

That picture of Riley is too cute. What a funny cat. Our Riley(in our hearts now) was a unique one too. When our middle child was little, Riley always went to bed with Matthew. Matthew would take Riley's tail and rub it in his ear(Matthew's ear that is) and suck his thumb to fall asleep. The cat thought he was in heaven! He used to run upstairs to beat Matthew to bed to get his favorite spot. It was a very sad day when we had to put him to sleep, all 5 of us cried and cried.
Have a good weekend. ~Ann

WoolenSails said...

He is such a card, love his poses.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi, just doing a little browsing today and came across your site. It struck a chord cuz I too, have two rotten kitty cats that I am waaaay too attached to. haha Thanks for sharing and I'm happy when people can find so much joy from their lucky lucky pampered pets! :-) -Denise