Saturday, March 21, 2009

How Does Things Get So Out of Hand So Fast!

I don't know about the rest of you, but when my area is semi-cluttered I just can't settle down and get creative. Oh believe me, I am by no means a "clean-freak" but when things are piled up and cluttered around me I just can't seem to get anything done.

When I started rug hooking a bit over 4 years ago I told myself I wouldn't go crazy and buy everything I see or buy more than I need. I was pretty good on that - sure I have a couple of patterns waiting in the wings, and have gone thru several frames finding my favorite (thank goodness for eBay for re-selling items!) , but wool - just where did i get all this wool - yet sometimes I just don't feel I have enough! I think most rug hookers are like this!

Well anyway - my rug hooking room is where I spent most of my time - It's the room where I pay bills, watch TV and hook or work on the computer, even eat dinner up here a lot of times!

I decided this morning it was time to find the floor in here - forgot to take "before" picks but here are a few pics to prove there is a floor in here!

Here are my large fabric boxes full of woolly worms - they were all over the place spilling out - under the bed, on the floor - all over the daybed! I corralled them all and put the lid on it! The daybed cover is a blue denim which i took off and washed along with all the pillows on the bed!

This corner is in front of the closet - beside the TV - and in front of the cubes of wool I have - this morning I couldn't get to the closet for all the wool I had laying around in piles and tubs of yarn and things -
Look - can you believe it - the top of my pie safe was covered in more piles of wool - yep there is a printer under there! And image, the doors to the pie safe close now - I keep my lights and wool to over dye in there (well some of it!).


I won't show you under the quilt and ticking but this is where my metal cubes are and they are stuffed full of wool (Hey it's off the floor - now to organize under there!) I didn't take a pic of my cobbler's rack either - need to do some serious folding of wool on that!

So that's the proof that there is some organization going on in my little crafting corner of the world.
Again I would like to thank you all for your kind words and good wishes for my Dad - he called me today just to chat - he's feeling as good as can be expected and said he was lifting 5 pound weights today to "build himself" back up! And trying to walk around as much as he can to get some exercise. I think that is key to get as much as strength back as he can. So this is all a good thing!
Well it must be Saturday nite as it's bath time (Oh and that chair - earlier today there was no way even Riley would have fit on there with all the junk on it!)


Check out this mug - I swear he's saying "Mom - Do I take pictures of you when you are in the bathtub?" Well I guess he told me with that hairy eyeball! -

Well the Tiger is done his bath and I'm thinking he wants my attention - he's starting to poke around into things - When he doesn't get the attention he wants when he wants it - he starts getting bratty and knocking things around - never hurts anything - just makes it known HE'S IN THE ROOM! I admit it - I'm a sucker for a fur face and will drop everything to play with him.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
Joanne

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

Great photos, Joanne! Musta been something in the water...everyone is straightening! Course, I started this project 3 weeks ago. ugh. Getting there, though.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Time to come to my house and show me how to do it Joanne! I'm dreading going up there shortly to start some an ornament. I walk in there and want to turn right back around! I think pretty soon, no one will hear from me for a while. Need to get to it!
Nice job!!!
And so glad to hear that your dad is building his strength up..

JoJo said...

Oooo, I want to pick Riley up and hug him. His stripes are so handsome.

I need to get into my wool 'closet' and do some cleaning too. The last two batches of wool that I purchased have never made it into the cabinets and are now just piled on top. And since at least two of the cats can open the closet doors, that means the wool is available to them to pull down, sleep on and get cat fur all over. Oh, sure, I've got other spring cleaning to do too but a girl must have priorities!!

So very glad to hear your Dad is doing so well. Keep him close to your heart, Joanne. I'd give anything to have another day with my Dad!