
Don't you just feel like doing this to some people sometimes! lol!
Well the saying "Today has been one heckava week" is on a little plaque with a Ziggy statue at my "old" desk at my old job (where all my stuff is still at!) . Ziggy has always been my favorite cartoon along with Calvin and Hobbes - which reminds me - I need to watch "Ziggy's Gift" (Zig's Christmas movie!) . - This saying is so appropriate for nearly every day this past month. I don't know what it is - Is it the Christmas Crunch? Is the the feeling of Christmas? Is it the weather? Who knows - but every day this week has been one heckava day! As you can see - this little guy below has no worries - he was just curled up attached to my leg as I was working - I had the camera and snapped a pic - guess i woke him up!
Every night this week I so wanted to just sit down and hook - I hadn't pulled a loop since Thanksgiving Day and really needed to! So Tuesday nite I finally got to hook for about an hour and this is all I got done - I got inspired from a rug on the cover page of PRHG with the hit and miss across it's bottom - so I decided to make this border hit and miss - I still haven't decided what color I will do the background or the little birds I drew in there. I really need to find the time to sit and hook this - there are so many new things I want to get started on but one thing or another comes up!
Tonite I have been tracking packages I sent out earlier in the week only to discover one is lost - which is upsetting as I was so hoping she would have her package by now, another was mis-routed due to incorrect address, however in checking the address I found out it is correct! My husband will be looking into this at work tomorrow - hopefully things will get straight and everyone will get their packages! Sorry to the rest of you that are waiting for your packages! I hope - I hope - I hope they get there tomorrow - Tis the season to give and I love doing it - and the darn shipping company is interfering!And speaking of packages - i got a couple in the mail this week - This one is from Debbie -she knows I adore cats - and sent the coolest kitty collectibles - stamps , a small tiger that is so cool -his face looks exactly like Riley, a kitty bowl, the cutest ornie of these two cats in a trash can - which is on my tree right now and she distressed some candy canes for my feather tree - Thank you so much Debbie - I love everything!
On Wool Snippets I participated in a Secret Santa - this year my friend Kathy had my name - Talk about stinkers - she never let on! She sent the most wonderful items! She punchneedled a feather tree and it's on a wood paddle - just perfect punching! I have this hanging next to a rug I did my first year of hooking (which was actually my very first rug I drew myself of a feather tree with three cats under the tree - it represented Sid, Nicky and Miles who were my cats at that time) This little Santa she hooked and is a pin - it is adorable and I will wear it everyday until Christmas. She also cross stitched and aged this little pillow with a reindeer and hung on a hanger - I just love it - Her work is awesome - another one that is super talented with whatever she sets her hand too!
Also in that package was a beeswax sheep which will go with my other sheep in my dining room, a note pad that says "simplify" (something i need to do to my mind and life), a moose Mug (not pictured - it's already at work for my morning tea!), a moose ornie which is too cute, a pack of sharpies, a snowman box filled with Milky Ways, oh and hidden in those milky ways was a cat ornie on a clothespin - very cool Thanks Kathy - you rock!

So that about sums up my week - besides having to hook the Santa, I am basically done with Christmas shopping - everything is bought and all the times needing to be shipped have been shipped.
Tonite/Tomorrow we are supposed to get come nasty weather - so I'm hoping after my work obligations I can sit and hook tomorrow nite!
I'm hoping everyone doesn't get too caught up in the craziness of Christmas and gets to take a moment to enjoy what it's really about!
...let yourself daydream.....joanne

4 comments:
Joanne,
Love the hit or miss border on the Santa. Your mom will love it! Those milkyways gone yet lol? If you are anything like me when it comes to chocolate, they won't last long. I am trying not to think about the m&m's you gave me that I "hid". With my memory, I'm hoping I forget where I put them for a "little while" anyway lol.
Joanne,
I love the rug you are hooking!! Your cats are beautiful!!
Hey Joanne...love your kitty photos. It looks like you got some great gifts! Love the hit n miss border you're putting on your Santa.
Joanne,
Love your santa rug and the red textures you used on him. Bill got the honors of picking up this morning. I could hear the cats screaming through the house and they fly across bureaus and into whatever is on them, lol. Knocked over one of the trees and everything else, good thing the dog didn't eat anything;)
Debbie
Post a Comment