Saturday, December 13, 2008

Packed Packages - Wool Feather Tree Kit Giveaway

Well hard to believe it's the weekend - I'm not complaining - just can't believe it's the 13th of December already - this past week flew by and it was a bad and a good week! Don't even want to re-visit why it was a bad week so I'll move on to the good - I got out of work early on Friday - so just working 1/2 day on Friday makes the weekend feel that much longer! There was an open house at a Victorian House Friday and Saturday and the house was filled with local artisans handcrafts. I was there when it opened on Friday and they some gorgeous items - so I left there with a bag full - I got some nice prim items - cats and two of the cutest prim snowmen I've seen in a long time - the pictures look much brighter then in person. Haven't put them in their spots yet but will do that tomorrow.




After I left there I went to a local antiques mall and a couple of other prim shops and then came home and started making some feather trees for gifts. What a mess I was making in my rug hooking room (oh which there hasn't been much rug hooking going on lately!)


Finished them up this morning and then went out and did some errands and some more shopping. I'm basically done Christmas shopping - Woohoo! I came home and started putting more packages together for my swaps and friends - So hopefully on Monday - everything that needs to be shipped will be! I do have a few more cards to send out - only got half of them sent out on Friday!
Back to the feather trees - Last weekend I taught a workshop in Chambersburg at Linda's new rug hooking store - I just love this store - you would never know it's there - it's in an old building and you are taking up in an old elevator and the doors open and you walk into this wonderful shop. My friend Kathy posted the pics from the class more promptly then I did, so you can see some of them at her blog, Rugs of Mine - Kathy was so nice and took pics with my camera for me - but I'm not sharing many - seems to me that little stinker has me in most pictures - So I'll share a few - Here's Cammies and Pat's finished trees - they forego'd using glue in the attaching of the branches and were able to open them right away.

Here's Kathy's tree that Linda was holding hostage until she made one of her own. Pat and Cammie showed us how to make these stars with paper strips - I was so excited today - in my travels I found a kit with the instructions on how to make these and bought several - one is packaged up as a gift and will be going out to a friend who I'm sure will enjoy doing this and I bought an extra pack of strips. In my spare time, i will get to this.... (hahaha)


Oh and here is Kathy - I got one picture of her - She was sitting there and was cold and not to happy I snapped per picture -- thanks Kathy and Nettie for helping me with the class! Nettie was helping Pat's MIL make her tree - and i believe she made 99% of the tree!


I loved going out there to Linda's shop and hope to go again - but next time I'm checking the weather - It was snowing when we left - Chambersburg is 2 1/2 hours from me and the drive home took 4 hours - it was complete hell driving - and am so thankful we made it alive - we lost track counting the number of accidents we passes - overturned cars, cars in guardrails, cars in ditches - it was every 5 minutes we would pass another accident! One of the problems was the roads were not salted - it was not until we got towards Reading did we get on roads that had been salted - Saw a few salt trucks on the turnpike but they were all going the other way!
Tomorrow i have to work and then plan on coming home and doing some baking and then hopefully hooking some more!
On an earlier post I posted a tutorial and pictures of the wool feather trees. Since I'm done with the workshops for this year I have a couple extra kits left - I decided to give away one of them here on the blog in the true spirit of the Holidays - just leave me a comment that you would like to be included and Sunday nite around 8:00 I will put the names in a hat and pick one!
Well that's about it for me the past week! I wish i could have gotten pics of my neighbor's blow ups - but i tried and they just didn't come out - it's really pretty comical!
Have a wonderful week - and
...let yourself daydream...joanne

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What great goodies you got at the show. I had some patterns of tall snowmen I wanted to make. Another project I didn't get to do, lol.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

So glad that you made it home safe from your workshop. You got some really great snowmen there.

I never win at these things but please enter my name, got my fingers crossed.


Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Its Jill! One of your students! :-) I cannot believe you had such an awful trip home from class last saturday!! I love my wool tree and bought more supplies from Michaels yesterday and i am going to go to Lindas shop for more wool this week! I plan to make some for Christmas! I just saw your countdown to Christmas on your blog....10 DAYS!!! I better get my wool! Kathy has inspired me to start a blog, i think i like it more than facebook or myspace!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oh you bad girl. I'm supposed to be on the OTHER side of the camera! I look mad at the world lol. Love the goodies you bought up. Very cute! Still feel awful you had such a bad ride home after the class. But sooo thankful you two made it home safely...