This past week has been a hot one here in Eastern Pennsylvania for sure - feels more like August than June - but seeing the snow shovel in the shed keeps me from complaining.
Wednesday I loaded up the car with my hooking supplies, my backpack, some donuts and Nettie and off we went to Chambersburg.
We was kind enough put us up for a couple of nice. Wednesday night we had a fun evening out with Kathy and Linda and then Thursday morning it off to the hook-in.
Always something brewing there! Besides all the hooking and talking and eating and laughing going on - we had some wonderful entertainment Thursday morning.
We heard the elevator come up and it was like being at a Broadway show - there was a song coming from the elevator and then a song and a dance! I didn't have my camera ready so I was treated to an encore!
Hope you enjoy it!
Let me explain. The star of this video is our very own Linda! Besides Grant Street Wooworks , the building houses military business owned by her husband. Linda had been downstairs and her husband showed her this authentic Uncle Sam outfit and it now Linda's! I'm terrible with history but I believe Linda said it was from World War 1 - I am probably wrong! It's really cool in person and in wonderful shape! It is now on a mannequin in the shop for all to see!
The day was filled with fun of course but I did manage to get some things done - Here is what i put in the center of that hit and miss I did last week - started hooking some mug rugs on the left over linen - after i fill in the rest of the linen will cut apart and "whip"
I managed to get some things "whipped" and didn't bring the right colors to finish all the little mats....
Angie finished her first small mat and finished whipping it - I missed getting a pic. Barb was working on a small baby quilt and then cutting out some patterns...
Genny is hooking a rug designed by her son I believe....
A little break from hooking and some "interneting" going on....
Isn't Kathy just the sweetest most thoughtful most wonderful person - always there ready to lend a hand and get you whatever you need...
Here she is helping Sherri get her rug ready for whipping...
Not sure what Sherri is explaining to Nettie - or maybe she's practicing to be one of the Supremes?
"Stop in the Name of Love lalalallalalala"
Sherri's cool kitty rug she needs to finish binding - Love the gray and black guy - reminds me of Jonesy....
Her new rug...
Nancee finished her dancing bunnies. Love the colors - wonderful in person....
Someone mentioned there was a bug on the floor....
Some of my pictures didn't come out - didn't get a good pic of Nettie's horse rug or what Linda was working on but rest assured people were working in between the silliness!
If you are ever in the area of Chambersburg on a Thursday - Grant St is happening place to be - you just never know what to expect and chances are you will leave with a smile on your face. Heck I drive 2 1/2 hours one way to attend because I have found this group to be one of the best I have attended to hook with! You do not have to be a hooker - you can bring anything to work on. Just a fun day.
This weekend I'm hoping to get done that piece of linen and then get everything whipped. Not sure what I will start on next.
Not sure what else I will get into...how about you?














9 comments:
Sometimes it is fun being goofy. Love the rugs that are being hooked and the kitty one is wonderful.
Debbie
I'm so envious of all of you gals...what a great place for all of you to meet and have fun! Love seeing all the projects all of you have in the works.
Looks like a fun time as usual! Sorry I missed seeing Nettie.
All the rugs look great!
Give the kitties a hug for me. I hope they are finding cool places to hand out.
(wearing a sad face) Cause I MISS all the fun!! Great performance Linda- woohoo!! You guys have so much fun - and I would travel 2 1/2 hours to spend time with such a fine group of ladies!!! XO
Looks like fun was had by all for sure and some great things were worked on and finished.
Cathy
Cute! Cute! Cute! I will be singing that song all day now! Great costume too! Thanks for all the inspiring pics from Grant Street! The flowers in the center of the hit n miss look fabulous!
Boy, you girls sure do have some good laughs and make some fabulous rugs. I loved the little video!
Courtney
Joanne ~
As always a fun post! That video of Linda is priceless!
Love what you put in the middle of your hit 'n miss. All the rugs look wonderful.
If all goes as planned, I am hoping to stop by Grant Street the last Thursday of June.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
LOL, love the video Joanne! Just sorry I wasn't there to see it in person. The outfit is wonderful and you got it right. It is WW1.
Love all your pieces you have done.
How exciting to hear that Lauren will be there "hopefully" at the end of the month!!!!
Post a Comment