Friday, March 18, 2011

I Don't Do Floors

What a beautiful few days!  Just love this weather - hoping it stays this way yet they are calling for rain/snow next week - hope it doesn't happen.

  Yesterday the car my husband drives needed to be inspected  and he's away for work so I had to go pick it up.  My Pop came over to drive me to the garage and I got a nice walk in - I knew the route he would take so I walked until he drove up! So beautiful out - I almost felt I could have walked the 8 miles to the garage (well maybe not!).  Next to the garage is our Vet.  So I decided to go in and pay the bill from last week.  Well my little Miles (ashes) just came back a few minutes prior to my arrival so I got to take him home (wasn't prepared but I did hold up by talking to him on the drive home)

I have him in this box


alongside his brother Sid and Nicky.  I painted this box and hooked a little prim cat face for it.  I mean really, not to be morbid or anything - but what do you do with these little boxes you get back from the Vet?  My husband is the one that wanted his ashes back and he had them in the boxes sitting on the dresser for a long time.  I couldn't take looking at them so that's why I  made up this box.   I would bury them but this (i hope) won't be our forever home.

Anyway - got a lot done the past two days - the house has been totally neglected.  All the laundry is now done - all the bedding is washed - the house is presentable -even if it's for a moment - the dining room table is CLEAR,  there is nothing on the steps to go up or down, there is nothing on the side of the stairs to be put away, there are no clothes laying around waiting to be put away and things are in their place.  Let's see how long this will last!  Okay - tomorrow I'm sure things will start cluttering again!  I also have everything ready for another feather tree class on Sunday - that stuff is sitting on the floor  just waiting to be loaded in my car.

Riley of course had to help fold laundry...


Look - this is the biggie - I do have a floor in the hooking room - seriously - it was hard to walk in there - I've just been dumping stuff in there.  (I won't show you how sloppy my wool rack is though!)


All this hard work today and the fact that all the doors and windows were open and sun beams to chase and neighbor cats to talk too just wore out these too....

Jonesy is ready for bed...


Riley is off duty from supervising all my activities today...


Hope you all had a great day.  Just a few days of sunshine can put some pep in ones step.

14 comments:

The Cinnamon Stick said...

You go girl!! Now come here and do mine! I had a nice day on Friday too - amazing what a nice spring day can do for the soul. Have a great class on Sunday - can't wait to hear all about it - Hugs, Judy
PS. Your box is a beautiful resting place.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

When you are done Judy's, come and do mine??
You had a really productive day Joanne, good for you. The weather sure does give one some energy.
Love the memory box you made.
Riley looks soooo relaxed.

weaverpat said...

Yes, we've had some beautiful weather! So far I haven't caught the 'cleaning bug". haha! Somehow it's so much harder to get into anything serious with Zip hanging around the house.
I love your memorial box for your kitties.

Jacque. said...

Busy girl! Hey, don't forget about me! The kitchen is the worst room here...everything gets dumped there. Doesn't help that I emptied a bookcase to clean all my collie/lab, etc. figurines and they're all over the counter. That's on my list for today. It does give one a good feeling to have everything in order. Least, that's what I tell myself. {grin}

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
The memorial box is wonderful! I'm sure that was so hard. I know it was very traumatic for me to pick up Linnnie's ashes, and I only had her for a month!
We have had a couple beautiful days, too. I haven't caught the cleaning bug and now I am thinking of all the yard work I have to do. I'll warn you of any more sn*** pictures :)
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Yesterday was certainly a gorgeous day! I played hooky and did some good cleaning too... feels great now that it is done!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Joanne.Your memorial box was so sweet.I am glad your keeping busy!
Hugs from California, Cheri

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

The memory box is lovely. We cleaned last week and now it's back to its usual state. LOL I love all the quilt peeks we got in the pictures.
Hugs,
Courtney

WoolenSails said...

I know what you mean, just seeing the sun and the warm air, brightened my mood up. What a beautiful box to keep Miles in.

Debbie

primitivebettys said...

We did have some sun earlier this week. We don't have snow, but have gotten a lot of much needed rain today. Glad you had a chance to enjoy the sun. You can come do my floors too! :)

Lisa said...

Holy Molly Joanne, I am tired just reading your accomplishments. I am also very jealous. hehe. I am so happy that you were able to get everything all fixed up. It will make your class on Sunday even better. You can relax and know it is all done. I hope you have alot of fun students. Good to hear from you. Lisa

Cathy G. said...

The Memorial box is wonderful! I am glad you are getting some nice weather there...... sure helps to improve the energy levels! A walk on a nice day does wonders too!
Hope you and the boys have more happy and productive spring days ahead! And if it isn't too much to ask please send some of that sunshine our way!!!! Still a little snow left to melt but the hard rain today has done a number on it! Yay for that!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

HMMM-- the cleaning bug is one I need to catch instead of the hacking & coughing one!!

I love the memorial box--how sweet!

JoJo said...

Joanne, I love the hooked face you made for Miles' box. But just reading about all of your activities have worn me out....and I'm tired already. While others have been hooking or cleaning, the beautiful weather has had me outside...RIDING! I'm sore and windburned from being outside in the weather, which I'm not used to.

You asked about what others do with their boxes? I buried 5 in our backyard before we started cremating. And I have 4 urns on my antique sideboard. We buy our granite urns from a kennel in Omaha and have engraved plaques made for each one, with the name and dates. When I die (and I want to be cremated too), I've left instructions for the cats ashes to be mixed with mine and then Gerry or the kids can either spread or bury all of the ashes.

So that's what we plan to do. I refuse to bury another cat in the yard and if we should ever move, I've told Gerry I'll dig up the remains and take them with us, wherever we might go.