Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CHEER UP, CHARLIE

Well I'm thinking we all need a little cheer today - It's been snowing all day - not that snow isn't pretty when it's nearly fallen but it sure ruins plans when you want to go out to do something!  I guess, however, as long as everyone is warm and safe everything is okay!

The online group I belong to did a winter cheer swap - We could send whatever we wanted and were given several patterns by Rebecca Lindquist with the word "Simplify" - We could hook, stitch, punch, paint - whatever medium we preferred. 

Well I had Sharon for my swap partner.  Loved getting her - besides being an AAPG sister I can also call her a friend!  She's a lot of fun to be around so I wanted to send her a fun package!  Another of our requirements was to fit it in a priority one price envelope - Okay I cheated when I sent hers (I'm lucky to be able to ship a package at a tremendous discount thru my husband's work) Anyway - here's the rug I hooked for her  (Colors are much nicer in person ) You can see a better pic on Sharon's blog.


Today I got some "Winter Cheer" in my mailbox and so did my 4 legged boys! Everyone won!


Rebecca had my name and she sent the most awesome package - she actually followed the rules and stuffed everything in an envelope mailer - Oh my goodness there wasn't room for a thought in that package! Too funny - I of course had to open it right away - It was perfect timing I had just got done shoveling!

Inside was a little "simplify" punched pinkeep - Its wonderful - the pic doesn't do it justice - it's backed with red ticking (love that!) and a little heart with her initials!  It's sitting on the shelf - first thing you see when you come in my front door!
 

She also sent this awesome hooked prim star cat rug!  Isn't it great - such wonderful prim colors and it's a perfect fit atop this odd wooden box that just needed something!


There was also this cool card (I know she must have made it - fabric and embellishments - really cool), a some red wool and some teas.  There was another package "for the kitties" and she even punched a heart and affixed it to the tag!


In another little package wrapped up was 4 catnip hearts!  Oh my goodness - Riley zoomed in on that and took it from me before I had even read the tag who it was from - Too funny - he just knew!  He was trying his darnedest to open it (it was wrapped in paper and tied with twine!)


Oh Man, I need thumbs to get this thing open


Mom,  A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE


Oh sure Jonesy gets the heart...



Mom, he's hogging all the cool hearts....


Oh these are so cool...


Wait a minute, Mom, Jonesy is hogging all the hearts again...


Here's the one he ran away with - it's MINE now! 


Well this went on for about an hour - I was giggling at them rolling around and falling off the couch and tossing them in the air - they were having a great time!

Then it was so funny - they stopped playing and both ran in the kitchen for some "munchies"

Now they are crashed out on the bed - Too funny!  Thanks Rebecca for all the wonderful presents for me and the boys!  (Oh and Miles got up a little while ago and tried to play with one while the other two slept!

Like I said, it was a great day to get this in the mail.


Stay warm and safe everyone!

13 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Love the gifties. You are both talented ladies. The kitties are just too cute!! Have a great day!!

Becky

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
What a great package you received. I just love that little kitty rug and you had just the perfect place for it.
The cat pictures are too precious and the visual of them running for munchies is too funny.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Lucky you and the kitties, too! What a great gift! Your cat pics are a riot. My first real chuckle of the day. I sympathize with the shoveling...we're in for more snow tonight!
Cheers!
Courtney

The Barn Door said...

What a great package to receive! Love the kitties playing with the hearts!

The Barn Door said...

p.s.....your kitties coats are so beautiful and shiny! Love the Bengal pelt!

weaverpat said...

Love the rug you sent to Sharon! You did a beautiful job on choosing colors.
And you got lots of very nice things from your exchange pal. How cool that she included kitty entertainment! What better way to spend a snowy day than rolling in catnip!

Ann said...

Joanne, I love your Simplify rug hooked piece that you made. The swaps that you got in return are wonderful. Glad the boys could take part in your swap! ~Ann

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh Joanne, what FUN for all of you!!! What a sweet swap partner to think of the kitties as well!! I LOVE your Simplify rug and also the Cat rug.....both so wonderful!! So happy you had such a special day!!

Blessings~
Julie

Cathy G. said...

That hooked kitty rug is adorable! It doesn't surprise me that you had the perfect spot for it!
So nice the boys weren't left out! They sure have beautiful coats........ I can just see them carrying on with that catnip.... They'll be really interested in any packages you receive in the mail now! LOL
Hope you don't get too much snow out there!
Cathy G

Beth said...

wow ..you hit the jackpot!! such awesome things...the cats were too cute with their little hearts... I loved your simplfy rug !!

Nettie said...

Joanne ...your simplify is great, I loved it when you were working on it and the finished product is perfect as always.This snow is a bummer,but it does look pretty !

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

How funny!!! Nothin' like cat-nip blissed out kitties!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful cheer package! Those kitties look like they had a great time with their goodies, too!