I got dressed and put on my walking shoes and off I went. I didn't find anything until I got to the development in front of ours. I saw an old wooden and tin milk crate from a dairy in Philadelphia and an old soda bottle crate. Asked the price and they were $2 a piece - so I decided to get them. Okay - I'm on foot here so she said she would hold them for me until I come pack to pick them up. I ended up calling my husband (sometimes cell phones do come in handy). He drove down and picked up my stuff - Of course when I called I said I have "two items" - I had four by the time he got there (all of 3 minutes later)! LOL - the woman had a washboard and an old stool and said I could have them for $1 a piece! Sure why not! Of course my husband knows me and just loaded up the car and just laughed at me. He even offered to walk back and leave me the car!
I really do not know what I'm doing with all this stuff but I will find a place and a use I'm sure - Just a sucker for old wooden items especially at a good price. Shame I'm not a wine drinker - I think the milk crate would be a good wine bottle rack!
I continued to walk around and had to call my husband again - he answers the phone "okay where are you and what did you buy" - Haha! I actually found some DVD's for him and wanted to see if he wanted them. He was really happy - he's into music (he has more music than I have wool!) and these were DVD's of a show from the 70's which had some great groups on. He said go back and buy them - he actually had been looking at them on the web and ebay and they were selling $20 a piece. I got them for $20 for 18 of them! So i walked back and got them and started out again - next thing you know he's driving up - gotta love him - now I didn't have to lug 18 DVD's around - plus he brought me an ice cold water - which I really needed at that point as it was really hot!
Well that's all I found for today!


6 comments:
LOL, you two are too funny. Yep, gotta love him! Great finds Joanne at great prices!! I know you'll find a great spot and a great use for your new items!
Joanne ~
You done good ~ again. I'm sure you'll hook a wonderful mat for your stool.
Hubby sounds like a real sweetie!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
Yep, Joanne, it's just what they say - one man's trash is another's treasure! Sure you'll find a use for them. Hubby sounds like a keeper!!! (Moments in Time)
Now that's some seriously good team work right there! Great job you guys!!!! :-)
happy finds
funny hubby
love your dyed wools
gorgeous colors
Hey Joanne,
You did it again!!! You found some really great stuff! And lucky Phil! More goodies for his collection.
Hope to see you Thursday!
Post a Comment