Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Presents and Pictures!


Thought I would share with you some of the gifts I got from some of my friends this week.  Later this week is my birthday - but we don't have to talk about that!

I have been receiving little packages of woolie worms the past week for a challenge we are doing on our group AAPG - we are being challenged to do a background with worms from everyone that is participating - we had to pick a color we do not usually use for backgrounds.  I generally use darks so I picked a red - not really sure what colors I would get but they have been wonderful.   Maria Barton of Star Rug Company designed two patterns and we can do whichever we prefer.  I can't show pictures of that yet!

Inside one of my packages of worms I found a sweet needlepunched Christmas Kitty from Kelley - she designs the most wonderful kitties -she has inspiration from her gorgeous furry kids!  Just love it - I have one with an orange background from her for Fall too which i absolutely love, so will leave this one out for a bit!

Another package was from Kimmie, another talented lady who is always creating treasures.  She  sent me a bundle of wools - a prim star hooked hanger, and some pralines -oh my goodness- i had one - so creamy and good!  Thank you Kimmie!

And if all that wasn't enough I received a package from Merrie.  Merrie sewed a bag (and I just love bags - always carrying stuff here and there!) and it's so cool - love the green color and the fabric is a cross sttich sampler - it's also reversible - great job!  There is a sweet stitched piece put into a keychain - absolutely love that too.  She also sent a bundle of wool, some recipe cards and note pad - Thank you so much Merrie


The girls of AAPG are the most generous and wonderful group of ladies.  And did I mention how talented they are - just floors me everytime I'm a a recipient of something made from their hands.  Wish I had half their talent!

Today my husband called and asked if i wanted to meet him for lunch so after a filling mexican meal, I stopped at my parents to drop off some Potato Cheddar soup I made yesterday.  Well my Mom comes in the room with this large garbage bag and says Happy Birthday Early! I knew she didn't have my quilt done (she's making me a queen sized quilt for my bed) but i could see thru the bag it was something quilted!  She had decided to clean out some of her quilts - My Mother has been quilting since the 1960's but not so much until the 90's - an earlier post shows that green and yellow one she made in the 1960's which is one of her first and she doesn't call that "quilting")  Well she decided for my birthday and my SIL's (her's is the end of this month) to give us each a bag of quilts!  So here are pics of the ones I got - I put everything in my "pink" room - not sure if i ever shared pics of that room here but I'm not really crazy but my walls in this other bedroom are a deep rose.  I got the color from this quilt

I took the deepest pink and matched it up with paint at Lowes.  This is a bowtie quilt and even though it's not my normal colors - love the quilt - it was made by my great great grandmother.   Oh and that's my mom's little slip and dress from when she was 2 hanging there.   So anyway - this room is the "pink" room - I have an antique white iron bed in there and I have this dresser I refinished in a dark color and an old white wash stand - it's a spare room and I go in there to read and sleep when my husband snores way too loudly! LOL

So back to my birthday presents - inside the bag I found this double bed quilt - My Mom calls this the "first one" she did -

Now I guess I will have to get some new pillow shame - Looks good  on the bed though - Riley and Jonesy were checking it out for "wrasslin" effect"

Also in the bag was this heart quilt wall hanging - I'm not a "heart" person so much but it kinda fits with the room and I do have some empty walls (the rugs i have made are on the floor in here and I just thought of this - the one rug is cats and hearts - so I guess I do have hearts!)


Also this tabletopper that matches the pattern in the quilt


And also this pillow - which needs a form - Not sure about this because this has "ruffles" - I'm not a ruffle person - My Mom knows this and said for me to throw it out - but I can't do that - not sure if it will go in trunk or maybe I'll try to take off the ruffle - Anyway - here it is


This wasn't a present - just thought I'd show you what I did with some old ladies hankerchiefs I found in my husband's parents attic - I framed them - some have several in a frame - and hung them on the wall over the bed - If you notice the 3rd one on the bottom row you can see the hook - had to reinforce that one - for some reason Riley bats at that one and has broken the back hook off - it will not stay up the way i have the others hung! weird he only goes after that one - i was laying there reading a book one day and he bonked it off my head! Not funny! LOL!




Hope everyone is enjoying their week! They are calling for snow tonite - Oh joy! NOT!

10 comments:

moosecraft said...

Wow! That's a lot of goodies Joanne! Nice quilts from your Mom! Still very curious about the queen sized one she is making!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
What wonderful birthday goodies you have received. Kelley's kitty is just too cute.
How lucky for you to have your great great grandmother's quilt. What a treasure :)
Your mom is an amazing quilter. That's something I've never tried and I'd better not even think about it...lol. I don't have time to do the things I really want to do!
Once again, happy, happy birthday!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

weaverpat said...

Hi Joanne,
What a nice lot of presents! The quilts are just beautiful! And I really like the pink room. So nice and comfy looking.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Hugs!!!!!

primitivebettys said...

Great gifts & Happy Birthday wishes to you Joanne! :) You deserve all the happy wonders available!

Smiles to you Sweetie!

WoolenSails said...

What a nice mix of presents, fun thing to create with and new things to decorate with. I think you will have to start a pink victorian theme;)

Debbie

Doris said...

Happy Birthday joanne - I love the quilts. I have one that my grandmother made and really treasure it. I know you will love the ones your mother made for you. Have a wonderful day - hope to see you son.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Hey Girly, Wow, your Mom sure gave you a variety of beautiful quilts! They are all so pretty. And Kelley's pn piece is adorable. Hope your Birthday tomorrow and every day for the next year brings you much happiness :)!!!

JoJo said...

Joanne, Happy Birthday!!! Ohh, how I love all of your adorable gifts. You are so blessed with wonderful friends and family and you certainly deserve all of the good things that life has to offer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Joanne :) I hope you have a fantastic day!!!

TeresaM said...

Hi Joanne!!! It was so nice meeting you yesterday!!! I found your blog and look forward to following you!
Can't wait to see your challenge piece complete!
What a nice birthday present from you mom!
See you again!
Teresa