Even though he couldn't open his eyes - at least Jonesy waved goodbye to me! LOL!
It was a beautiful beach day on Tuesday and Wednesday. Spent the day in Ocean City with my friend Donna and her daughter Kate and their friends. I haven't seen Donna in over a year so it was great catching up! We spent the entire day on the beach and then went back to Donna's for a shower, Margarita's and snacks. Thanks so much Donna and Company - it was great seeing you again!
Donna and Kate adopted a new kitten last week and you won't believe what they named him! He will be joining another cat in their household named Cody who looks a lot like him. So meet their new kitten - Jonesy!
He is the sweetest kitten - nice and calm and so soft to pet and so adorable. They said they batted around different names but Jonesy won out! Too cute!
Came home on Thursday so it was a day of laundry and stuff like that - such fun. On Friday Kathy came to visit me all the way from Shippensburg! We spent the day running around this area. The local 4H was holding their 4H Fair but we only stopped by for the fabric sale -
He is the sweetest kitten - nice and calm and so soft to pet and so adorable. They said they batted around different names but Jonesy won out! Too cute! Came home on Thursday so it was a day of laundry and stuff like that - such fun. On Friday Kathy came to visit me all the way from Shippensburg! We spent the day running around this area. The local 4H was holding their 4H Fair but we only stopped by for the fabric sale -
Hey Kathy - guess what I forgot to give you - looks like I will have to drive out your way (on a hook-in day of course at Linda's) to give you your thread! LOL!

I didn't buy that much but found some thread for $0.15 each - heck when I zigzag around my rugs I don't care what color it is! Found about 2 yards of this lovey (not) plaid (will definitely be hitting the dye pots with this one!) for $2, and also a pinking shears which is left-handed (like me) for a whopping $0.25! So all in all it was a great bargain.

After the fabric fair we went back to my house to feed Jonesy - it was lunchtime. And being I was away all week I didn't have any food to feed Kathy and I knew she wasn't up for "ocean whitefish with tuna" - so we went to the PC Pub - their menu is like reading a novel but all their food is good. After lunch I took her to The Cinnamon Stick - a primitive store (you can see Judy's blog here - http://thespicecupboard.blogspot.com/ - i don't think she has a website anymore but she has a lot of nice primitive wares and antiques in her shop - Soon she will be decorating for fall - love that season at the Cinnamon Stick!

I didn't buy that much but found some thread for $0.15 each - heck when I zigzag around my rugs I don't care what color it is! Found about 2 yards of this lovey (not) plaid (will definitely be hitting the dye pots with this one!) for $2, and also a pinking shears which is left-handed (like me) for a whopping $0.25! So all in all it was a great bargain.

After the fabric fair we went back to my house to feed Jonesy - it was lunchtime. And being I was away all week I didn't have any food to feed Kathy and I knew she wasn't up for "ocean whitefish with tuna" - so we went to the PC Pub - their menu is like reading a novel but all their food is good. After lunch I took her to The Cinnamon Stick - a primitive store (you can see Judy's blog here - http://thespicecupboard.blogspot.com/ - i don't think she has a website anymore but she has a lot of nice primitive wares and antiques in her shop - Soon she will be decorating for fall - love that season at the Cinnamon Stick!
After the shopping it was off the Goshenhoppen Folk Festival (http://www.goschenhoppen.org/). It's a yearly PA German Folk Festival where they demonstrate trades and crafts from the 18th and 19th century. All the demonstrators are more than happy to share some history with you. We saw all sorts of demonstrations - lots of hand work, construction type work, food prep, linen paper making, gun making, and more. It was a beautiful day to walk around the grounds of the Antes house. I was carrying my camera but forgot to take a lot of pics - here are few -
Here is where the local peddlar of sewing goods was set up (A lot different than going to your local fabric store!)

Here are some young girls making corn husk dolls -
This was the local beekeeper -

And a remedy of his for a cold (This is for Judy - she was suffering from a summer cold when we saw her!)
Here is where the local peddlar of sewing goods was set up (A lot different than going to your local fabric store!)

Here are some young girls making corn husk dolls -
This was the local beekeeper -
And a remedy of his for a cold (This is for Judy - she was suffering from a summer cold when we saw her!)
And Kathy finally got her funnel cake of the season -


When I got home there was a package from Jo - she RAK'd me with some wool worms, an adorable cross stitched stocking, and a whole load of hankies for my Mom - Thank you so much Jo - I took them to my Mother today and she was thrilled!! You are so sweet!

I took Kathy up to my wool room where we were discussing wool colors and looking at patterns and things - I had a piece of bright blue wool (out of place for me) that was leftover from a few years ago - and told her it was a piece left over from a rug I made my Mom - So here's a picture of that rug - the way the wool was dyed was to replicate the speckled blue agate which my mom collects when hooked into the background. So this is why such a bright color was in my stash. This is a pattern called Pearl, May and Laverne from Rebecca Erb -


When I got home there was a package from Jo - she RAK'd me with some wool worms, an adorable cross stitched stocking, and a whole load of hankies for my Mom - Thank you so much Jo - I took them to my Mother today and she was thrilled!! You are so sweet!

I took Kathy up to my wool room where we were discussing wool colors and looking at patterns and things - I had a piece of bright blue wool (out of place for me) that was leftover from a few years ago - and told her it was a piece left over from a rug I made my Mom - So here's a picture of that rug - the way the wool was dyed was to replicate the speckled blue agate which my mom collects when hooked into the background. So this is why such a bright color was in my stash. This is a pattern called Pearl, May and Laverne from Rebecca Erb -
So after a day of running around - poor Kathy still had to drive back home - Sent her home with my wonky directions - via the Hayloft Fabric Store (She did make it home so they weren't all that bad! LOL) I had a great day and thanks for coming out all this way!
So that was my week - I'm thinking now that my grocery shopping and errands are done I may figure out what colors I need to dye for my stash - been in the mood to dye some wool!
Hope everyone is having a great week.



8 comments:
Hey, Joanne! You've been a busy lady. Hope that your travels bring you to Chambersburg sometime soon! Love the idea of two Jonesys!!! They are both so cute!
You did more in two days than I do all week, lol.
Sounds like lots of fun and goodies too.
Debbie
Hey Joanne...you gadabout, you! My, but you are a busy woman! Sounds like life is going good right now. Those 2 boys of yours...how cute are they!! Glad to hear you found some (cheap) goodies...sometimes those are the best.
Hmmm....Elderberry Tea?? I was told by a customer who visited the Goshenhoppen festivities that they were serving the best Elderberry Pie...would that work for my cold? Thanks for your kind words Joanne...we do have a Picture Trail that you can visit...www.picturetrail.com/thecinnamonstick instead of a website.
It was good to see you and thanks for the "cold remedy" !!! I love that rug you did for your Mom...it turned out great.
What a great week! How does Kathy manage to eat funnel cake without getting powdered sugar all over her?!?!? Great pics of the kitties! Looking forward to seeing what magic you do to that awesome deal of a wool stash you found! How lucky was that?!?!?
The "other" Jonesy is adorable too. Too funny they named him the same..
I had a blast hanging out with you on Friday. I realized about the thread later. Keep it! But I still want you to come out this way again soon to go to Linda's for hooking!
I'm still exhausted and trying to play catch up with finishing some things around here.
I also meant to say, you should show your piece of wool along with that rug so others could see how it hooked up! That is a really nice rug Joanne!
you guys sure go to some neat places!!! your friends new kitten is adorable.. looks as if he is posing .... and of course its amazing how your two cats get along so well... God is so good isnt he??!!
Post a Comment