For some reason however, our Cherry tomatoes are leaving the bowl and being found in curious spots throughout the house.
Now how can that be?
Tomatoes do not have legs!
My husband and I are not throwing them at each other - why would we do that - we'd have to clean them up then.
So why have I found tomatoes in my living room?
Why have I found some in my dining room?
And even found one in my powder room?
So I went around and asked the usual suspects...
Riley insists it wasn't him, after all he only eats the food in his kitty bowl...
Miles said it definitely wasn't him - he has better things to do with his time...like nap...
Jonesy was unavailable for comment at the time....




10 comments:
LOL!!!
They are sneaky little buggers, aren't they, lol.
Dora likes pulling vegetable peelings out of the sink and throwing them on the floor, great help she is.
Debbie
That is too funny! Are there puncture marks in the tomatoes? Frito likes cantalope - at least he likes to lick it, we'll give him a piece and he licks it dry and then leaves it. We think he likes it because it is orange like him!
thats my story and im stickin to it!!
What a riot!!! Thanks for the giggles this morning! Story well told!
Mystery solved !! Your adventures are fun to read....and the characters too sweet for words!
Air conditioner did NOT get put in however walls are over 2 feet thick and this olde house tends to stay cool at night (with the use of fans of course!)
Oh, Joanne, this brings back some wonderful memories for me.
Many years ago, I had a plate of regular, large tomatoes on my kitchen counter. I never gave any thought to leaving them there to finish ripening. The next morning, I woke up and walked into the kitchen, only to find one of the tomatoes missing from the plate. Well, for heaven's sake! A tomato can't get up and walk away so what happened to it?
Gerry and I searched the entire house with no luck. So then we started searching again, only this time, we checked under furniture.
Lo and behold, I get to the back bedroom and there, under the bed, is Cinnamon (my now 12 year old sealpoint Siamese) and the missing tomato. I reach for the tomato and Cinnamon hisses at me! He actually HISSES at me!! I yell at him, grab the tomato and stand up!!
Now you have to remember....this is a fairly large tomato. I'm still trying to figure out, years later, how he got this tomato off the kitchen counter, through the entire house and under the guest bedroom bed.....all WITHOUT A SINGLE MARK, DENT OR BRUISE!!!! There's not even a puncture mark from a claw or a fang.
Half the time, I'm never sure how these little "darlings" do some of the stuff they're obviously doing. I can only hope their antics are helping to keep me young!!
Yikes!!! Our cherries have the same problem. They manage to jump out of the bowl and travel all around the downstairs rooms (with the help of a little calico demon!)
Hmmmm, maybe Jonesy was just finding them for you so you wouldn't step on them...thanks for the laughs...am not letting Olivia see this or it will give her ideas...we will not speak of the wandering wool batting...
Too cute!!!!
Post a Comment