I proceeded paint them - cut out the fabric to line inside the box and put in the lining - and then put the hooked tops on - here they are - the pic came out horrid - they are not at all that bright. So these are done.
I have several more but need to hook a top for them to finish them off.
On Saturday I was meandering around some blogs - and thru a link on a friends blog i found a link to http://birdinthehandprimitives-robin.blogspot.com/ - She has a tutorial on how to make pinkeeps you put in an old ball jar zinc lid - well i have a handful of these lids and they looked easy enough for me to even to do - so I kinda went overboard - here's a pic of most of the ones i made - now I need find some more zinc lids : (and the pinkeeps are much more muted in person)
I also found some little wooden Easter eggs painted in lavenders, yellows, oranges, blues, etc. (pastel colors). I gave my Mother a pack of them and also a little bucket (Like the one Sharon puts her feather tree in!) for her feather tree since she expressed wanting to keep it out all year and thre snowman tree skirt I had made her wasn't cutting it - not good for Spring. Well my mom painted her bucket and mine with blue/black/stain - remember the pic looks brighter. I decided to put a white tree in my bucket with the pastel ornies and then put green woolly worms (easter grass) in the top of the bucket. Now sure I like this as it's not prim enough for me - but will keep it out or else maybe give it to my SIL as she's been wanting a tree. (Again you can't tell but the little wooden eggs are decorated in pastel colors and the wool I used for the tree is really an off white with a little blue in it)

So that's been my projects on and off this weekend.
Early this morning I went to the flea market that opened for the season last weekend - spent a few hours walking around looking for treasures - Found two old hooks, some buttons, and only 3 zinc lids - go figure - now that I'm looking for them they've gone scarce!
I then went with my friend Nettie to her church to play bingo and then we went to dinner - Nope I didn't win - but she did. Glad she got out to "play" finally - her Mother was just diagnosed with cancer and her whole family is taking turns taking care of her and trying to keep her spirits up. She also just recently lost two aunts - So I'm sure it's tough on her and her family. Nettie - I will be sending positive thoughts your way!
My Dad is doing a lot of better and gained 2 pounds last week - he needs to gain way more but it's a start. Tomorrow he goes to get some of the tubes taken out finally. So we are all hoping he stays on this path of getting better.
So that's about it for me this weekend. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Enjoy the first full week of April! joanne



9 comments:
You have been busy! How cute are the boxes with the hooked pennies on top. The pinkeeps turned out wonderful too. I saw the tutorial online and added to my list of items to do! I won't bother telling you what number they are on the list. Have a great Monday. ~Ann
Holy Schmoly! Pinkeep, anyone? Little box, anyone? I LOL when I saw those photos. I hear ya with the many projects...am still working on my mess, and am making headway. BUT, I have the challenge rug to finish and am almost done with my first 'real' quilt. Taking inspiration from you...finish before you start. OH...and I made a pinkeep similar to those that was made with measuring tape print fabric...was darling! Keep up the good work.
Joanne, I love your boxes and your pinkeeps. At least you're getting something accomplished which is more than I can say. I've been involved in a legal matter and on top of that, I've been sick. I'm lucky that I'm keeping up with the laundry and housework!!
Continued prayers for your dad. I'm glad to hear he's doing better and gaining some weight. I know he'll feel better as his tubes come out.
Joanne, Wow, you've been busy! Awesome way to think about finishing up things. Thanks for sharing. That's the problem with "most" women. We "think" too much LOL. Might just have to try that technique! You certainly got a lot done, and just love the boxes and pinkeeps. Wonderful to have on hand for gifts/or to sell! Your Easter feather tree is adorable as well!
Keeping your Dad in my prayers for his strength. Glad to hear good news on how he is doing.
wow i am so impressed!
Oh Joanne, When you do something you certainly do it on a BIG scale. All your finished projects are great looking.
Pam
You have been a very busy woman Joanne, Love them all!!!! Awesome! way to go! You will have all those UFO's done in no time! ;o)
Finally....I've seen someone who has more going on than me!!! Keep up the good work, you busy girl. Love everything.
You have been one BUSY girl! Love your boxes & pinkeeps! Just darling! :)
Post a Comment