I know - I haven't blogged in an age or so!
Truthfully, I don't know where time went, what happened to it, why I haven't taken the time to blog, etc.
I do know my camera totally died. I just figured no one wanted to read what I write, would just rather look at pictures!
My phone had also gotten on my last nerve so I finally went into this century and got a "smart phone". And I must say, I love it - i have everything at my finger tips now! With my laptop blowing up a few months prior, I had lost everything on it - including all my pictures I had taken before my camera died (and no I didn't back up - you think i would have learned my lesson from my prior laptop dying also! Anyway that's another story and I will never buy a Dell again!) So this "smart phone" , I bring it home and sit down to figure out how to work it and there in the gallery are ALL MY PHOTO'S! woohoo! It somehow synced with facebook and my blog and captured all my photo's - it's certainly smarter than me and now I just have to sit and figure out how to transfer the pics from the phone to the computer to the little back-up stick! Again - for another day - I can only handle so much techy stuff every 6 months!)
So what have I been doing? Where have I been?
Well I do hooking for the Cinnamon Stick (Spicecupboard blog) and also every year I participate in the Folk Art Sale at the Heritage Center in Harleysville (mhep.org) so I got a very late start working on that. I also demonstrate rug hooking now and then for my Guild (went to the Apple Butter Frolic again this year), and I also taught a rug hooking class at the cross stitch store.
Here are some pics (i took with my phone and emailed to myself of some of the projects I have been working on. See I can figure some things out) There is a lot I didn't take a pic of like about 20 feather trees and pillows and some mats and things, but here's a sampling...
Those trees are a pattern from Cathy Meyer - Hooked on Primitives! She's on ebay, etsy, facebook and has a blog - lots of cool patterns and dye book, etc. She's a very talented lady! I made green ones, white ones, also hooked some of the penny circles only directly on wool on white and green. They turned out nice too - no pictures of them though and they all have been sold!
This is Riley - I finished up the Monday night right before midnight (before thanksgiving) (my items had to be over to the folk art sale by Tuesday - and I had just taken a picture of some of the items and I layed on the couch - still had my phone in my hand - that would be Riley giving me the stare down of why I was relaxing! Took three pictures of him - couldn't get him to look directly at me! Anyway - Riley has been stuck like glue to me helping with everything. He rarely leaves my side!
All three boys went to the vet a few weeks ago (oh what a time! there was some bloodletting!) Anyway - everyone is healthy - thank goodness. Jonesy still has the heart problem and could have issues at anytime, but hasn't gotten any worse which is a blessing! He's still my little man and the sweetest personality you will ever meet! He will talk your ear off if you let him and he will also purr and snuggle you all you want! Such a sweet little guy!
One evening Riley and Jonesy decided to squish together in the basket!
Quentin has gotten so big and he is still so playful and so "helpful" Along with Riley is usually stuck on my other side and MUST help with everything I do. Here i was on the floor putting together my feather tree kits for a class a few weeks ago (I have another one this Saturday)... just glad he didn't pop out of any one's bag!
I have to say this guy has a wonderful purrsonality too! Being we had him so long since he was 1 1/2 weeks or so - i don't think he realizes he's a cat - but that's okay - he makes us laugh so much! Oh and Jill - you were right - what was I thinking when I said I would "foster" him! He's part of our family and no one will take him anywhere!
Tonight I took a class at the Cinnamon Stick - we made a "Snowman in a Jar" (ball jar) - turned out cute - and Judy sells these solar lighted lids that fit - so it will light up the inside like a night light (once I charge it up!) and they look so cool with the old looking mica flakes inside! I'm sure she will have pics on her blog - if not - i will try to get one of my and post it in a few days. Thanks Judy for all your hard work putting all those little pieces in a kit for us - it was a fun time!
So that's a little catch-up with me! I have tried to keep up with the blogs as best as I could but was having issues commenting and things. Just know I'm thinking of all my friends out there and miss sharing with you!
Have a wonderful week!








20 comments:
It is good to see you posting, I was going to email you since I hadn't seen you on in awhile. You have been busy, love your trees. I need to get my decorations out, this month came way too fast.
Debbie
Joanne,
You must stay up late too and you're on the east coast!Lol!! It's so good to see the pics of the boys! Oh they look so healthy and happy! I wouldn't mind if one showed up in my bag at one of your classes! LOL!
You've been so busy.... look at all the hooking! Cute cute trees! No wonder they sell like hot cakes!!
Anytime you want to take a road trip you have an apartment to stay for free! Right next door to me! So come on out! I'll let you know when the class starts!
Hugs!!
Cathy G
Hi Joanne!
It was SO GOOD to see your post!!
Welcome back!! You have been missed!!
Love all you creations.....so wonderful and so happy you are selling!! I agree about tech. things....I am challenged too! I'm so thankful for a smart husband!!
The "boys" are all so sweet and I know all of you belong to a mutual admiration society!!!
Take care and thanks for stopping in to visit me to!!
Big Hugs~~
Julie
Boy, have you been busy!! Everything looks so nice.
You have done so much beautiful hooking! Love the trees... and I think I even see a whatnot rug in there? Sure wish I lived closer to Hereford as I would have enjoyed making a snowman light. Too far for me to drive on a work night though. Looking forward to seeing a pic of it!
I just saw Orange Sinks feather tree! Just love it and want to make one...Do you have kits or patterns to get me started. I have a bolt of creamy white wool I dye up for hooking and for pillow backs for my punch needle designs. You can contact me through my blog or email me cooperage@wi.rr.com
nancee
You and I both took a blog-vacation - for just about the same length of time. I got a new smart phone over the summer and love it! Want to guess what the majority of my pictures are? You got it, 2 little fluff butts. I think maybe my kids feel slighted. LOL. ~Ann
Glad to read your blog, Joanne. I have not blogged since April. So busy with work and granddaughter, but I like that kind of busy. She is 2 now and keeps me hopping. Don't think I will ever grow old. Love your trees and can't wait to see a picture of the snowman light. Enjoy the holidays.
Good to see you posting again. I haven't since April. Busy, busy with granddaughter and work. She is 2 now and keeps me hopping. Don't think I will grow old anytime soon (-: Love your trees and can't wait to see the snowman light. Enjoy the holidays.
Hi Joanne, it's real nice hearing from you again and seeing the boys getting along. I must say that the tiny kitten sure has grown big.
You have been so busy and you have lots of pretty hooked pieces to show for.
You did had your challenges for a while but I hope that everything is running smoothly now.
All the best,
'Hugs'
JB
HOoray, great to see you posting again I have missed you all.
Pop along to my blog and take a look at the video, it will bring back memories for you.
Briony
x
Just saw your feather tree kit on the orange sink blog and I'm wondering if you still have kits or patterns? You can contact me at clgoda431@gmail.com. I just love it and would like to make one for myself. Thanks, Cindy
Was just on Orange Sink blog and was looking for your tutorial for the feather tree but could not find it. Do you still have it available? My email is
muck25@verizon.net if you can help.
Thanks so much and I look forward to reading more of your blog!
Sharon
Joanne,
Congratulations on figuring out how to use your smart phone. I decided to go the tablet route and got an Android 7-inch but could not figure out how to use it, even with the directions. Luckily there is "Tablets for Dummies" which I promptly bought.
So far, I am still trying to decipher the book!!
Please keep blogging, you were missed!!!
Hey! We need cat pics for Valentine's day!!!!
Using the Auction House, d3 gold you should get Auction House Add-ons. Without this, you will be hard to reach your goal. It is so important for you to make the best use of the Auction House. Two of the best auction add-ons are recommenced to you, the Auctioneer and the Auctionator. Also the Market Watch and Postal are better. Using these will give you a lot more functionality and data, which will help you maximize your auctions. At this time, there more and more players using the Auction House to play the game. So, you have to be a little creative and tricky to beat your competition. So you can learn how to transfer items between servers, buy tera gold and how to manipulate items’ prices using different tricks.
great post
beautiful pictures
Obat Herbal Batu Empedu Kronis
Look at the way my friend Wesley Virgin's autobiography launches with this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.
As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the government and others used to get everything they want.
These are the same SECRETS lots of celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become rich and successful.
You've heard that you only use 10% of your brain.
That's because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.
Maybe that thought has even taken place IN YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head around seven years ago, while riding a non-registered, beat-up garbage bucket of a car with a suspended license and with $3 on his debit card.
"I'm very frustrated with living check to check! Why can't I become successful?"
You've been a part of those those thoughts, right?
Your very own success story is waiting to be written. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.
Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast
The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
nice work digitizing awesome quality !
Post a Comment