Time sure is flying by again - always I should say!
The bad news is since again for the past few weeks I have been unable to hook - something so stupid happened one night 2 1/2 weeks ago - I slipped on a grape - yep a grape. Went down hard on a tiled covered concrete floor - I had first thought I had broken my knee - it hurt so bad I saw white. But I was extremely lucky only got a knot on the knee and the scrape was minimal - My shin bruised a little and swelled with the knee for about a week. My "middle toe" was broken and bleeding - it's still a tad swollen but so much better - just starting to be able to bend it a little and my arm and shoulder were jarred/pulled so wasn't able to lift my arm even to hook for a while! That is improving every day.
The good news is it could have been worse or it could have happened to someone else who could have been really hurt bad! So maybe it was a good thing it was me and not one of the older people.
Soooooooooooo.... I decided to go to Grant Street this week anyway! Felt good to get the hook back in my hand - I used my floor stand with my traveling frame which I think helped me hook - and guess what! I finished the rug for my niece for her wedding! Even got it whipped! (Oh yea - forgot - it's not really done - according to Kathy a rug isn't done until it's labeled! So i have to label it yet!)
So here it is....
This is an adaptation of the antique rug sometimes called "Old Hearts" or "Blue Sam". I know it's way more colorful than the original but I suppose at one time that rug was colorful!
Once again there were lots of laughs out in Chambersburg this week - Always a fun time and I sure wished I had my camera in hand late Wednesday night when I was at Linda's house but I didn't! When I did have it out at Grant Street I forgot to take pics like usual!
Nothing much else going on here - the "boys" have still been tearing up the house and Quentin will play 24 hours a day if you allow it - he carries his toys around and gives you those eyes - here are some pics from them in a rare "down time" mode this past week...
Jonesy and Riley ...
Weird boy - I think he is totally exhausted from playing so hard - See how big Mr. Q is! Wow is all I keep saying!
Have a good weekend - stay dry and cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
Hi Joanne!
It sounds like you have been dealing with some painful things there my lady! Grapes for you and bees for me! Sometimes it's the tiniest things that bring us down! Glad to see it didn't prevent you from getting that wonderful rug finished! (except for the label LOL!) It will be loved dearly by your niece and her future husband!!
Kathy is right and the label is so important! I procrastinate big time with labels myself!
I sure hope both of us can get on a more safe track and stay healthy now!
Here's to a wonderful rest of the summer!
Give the fur kids a hug for me too!
Cathy G
oh Joanne! WOW...you really did it to yourself, didn't you! A grape?? I am so happy that you're okay...and that rug is fabulous! YAY for you!! Take care of yourself now. Hugs to the boys.
Ouch! I love your rug good job the kitties are so cute.
I don't feel so bad, lol.
We do seem to find ways to hurt ourselves, maybe it is because we are always thinking about what we are going to create next and not where we are walking;)
Debbie
So happy you came out to see us this week! I hope you continue to keep healing with your shoulder.
As much as I hated to see you get hurt, I know it could have been a lot worse if an older person would have slipped on that grape. You saved someone :) !
Goodness sounds like you have had a bad bit of luck. Glad your starting to mend....hurts just reading about what happened. Your rug turned out awesome it will be a treasure for sure!
Glad to hear you are on the mend...take good care of yourself. Your rug is wonderful...what a very special gift! Enjoy the weekend,
Robyn
So glad you are healing from your slip and fall! And great to see some of your hooking! That is one wonderful rug and they will cherish it for years to come! Your fur babies really tuckered themselves out! lol!
Oh my, Joanne, a small thing like a grape is beatting up on you. Ouch....There is danger at every corners now. If it isn't one thing it's another.
I'm some glad that you didn't hit your head on the cemengt when you slipped on that naughty grape. You are right, it could have been worst.
Quintin looks so grown up now. My little Victoria has'nt eaten much today. She had a small hard poop this morning and I hope that she'll improve as the days goes by.
I'm still so very sleep deprived and I'm starting to feel it. Hugs
Your rug looks fantastic by the way. My mind is all over the place today. It wants to shut down. JB
Joanne ~
Happy to hear that your fall was not worse and you are on the mend.
What a wonderful wedding gift. Almost makes me want to get married and have you make me one...lol! NOT :)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
some where I read that the most slip and falls in grocery stores happen in the produce and it is usually grapes.
So glad you are feeling better oh it sounded like it hurt.
I love the rug what a wonderful gift.
Cathy
Hi Joanne ,Sorry to hear about your fall. So glad you did not break anything. Falls happened so fast that it is uncontrollable. I had all fall recently myself . It was more embarrassing than a permanent injury. And of course it did not help having my husband standing behind me saying watch where you are going.
The last time I was at the doctor. They gave me a paper about falling. I guess I better get it read. lol!
Your rug looks beautiful.
So glad you are feeling better. Hope to see you soon.
Love Nettie
Ouch! Thats what happens when you have healthy food around the house!! Hope your feeling better and I sooooo miss seeing you!! Let me know when your going to grant street next!
Hi Joanne,
I am so sorry about your fall!! Who would have thought a tiny grape could cause so much injury!! Please take care of yourself and get better soon!! I know the kitty boys are always making you laugh and "laughter is the best medicine" so we know you will be well in no time!!!
Your rug is just beautiful and I know they will really treasure it!!
Take care of yourself and get better soon!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie
Post a Comment