Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Ready

First, just wanted to tell you a little about the Primitive Handmades Mercantile.  Today is Opening Day!  You can click over the banner on my sidebar and it will take you there.

There is some wonderful merchandise to purchase.  These ladies are very talented and I was just there and boy do they have some awesome things to buy!

This week if you sign up for their newsletter, you will have a chance to win a prize! So go check it out!


Thanks to Teresa and Robin for inviting me to join and make it all happen.  A few posts ago I asked for help in thinking of a "name" to use for this.  I loved so many of your suggestions and just had a hard time choosing.  I wanted something easy - I ended up going with "My Primitive Hook" since the majority of my items will be primitive and/or hooked!  Still this could change if something comes to me!

Enjoy shopping over there!

This week I had my sidekick glued to me most of the time - he's very helpful ON the computer...


And of course while I'm trying to hook...


Great at hooking and picking out noodles at the same time...


Finally, nap time - this is my left hip...



This is my right hip...


And this would be my lap...


Isn't it wonderful to have so many friends and so much help!

And speaking of friends.  I just have to say I am truly amazed at the generosity of friends I have never met and would probably have never met but through the Internet.  My last post showed you some of that with the package from Kelley and Ann, and I even forgot to mention Ginger and Patijane who sent all of us gals on AAPG a Happy New Year gift of a snowman made from a pair of gloves and Hershey bar - it was so cute and so clever!  I know I'm probably forgetting more over this past holiday season, but I want you to know - I am so thankful for having these ladies in my life - even if they do "live in my computer" as that email that gets passed around says! 

What is up with friends you meet thru the Internet?   Is it that we share like interests and that's what brings us together on our groups?  And isn't it amazing how you just "click" with some and so many at times?  Some of these friends that you have never met even face to face "get you" sometimes more than ones you have known for years or grew up with!

I've been lucky to make many wonderful friends through "meeting" them on the Internet and even getting to meet so many in person!  There are many more that someday I would love to meet and just hang out with!

One of these people is my friend Ev from Alaska.  She sent me the coolest package this week!  Inside was a rug hooking pattern on linen, some paper patterns, a baseball cap with Moose (I don't think she quite gets my fascination with Moose being they are a nuisance where she lives but I've never met one...yet!), Macadamia Nuts from Hawaii, and a "Hawaiian Diamond" - a beautiful silver turtle with a peridot!  I think there may have been more in that package - I was truly overwhelmed once again !  Thank you Ev!

Okay it's time to get my day started so go get a cup of coffee, sit back and relax and check out the new Primitive Handmades Mercantile!

10 comments:

Marti said...

Enjoyed your post, and the pics of your helpers. Have a good day.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy (woolfind) said...

Ok, that was me above LOL. Still signed in under the other blog. Ugh, have to work on that!
Now I forget what I wrote. Other than I am thankful for our friendship having met you from on line.
Quentin is going to be bigger than your other guys, I just know it!!
Wishing you the BEST with selling your items!

WoolenSails said...

Good luck on your new venture.
Lots of wonderful items and artists.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Congrats to you! You have some beautiful items on the Primitive Handmades Mercantile! Quentin really grew super quick since the last post! Wow! The folks I meet through the internet keep me sane... since there aren't many folks in my area that enjoy the same interests! Once I get me car fixed... we're going for Yacco dogs!

crafty cat corner said...

Yes, its funny this internet thingy isn't it?
I have found so many interesting people to write to, it makes my life so much more interesting and I glean tips for all sorts of things along the way.
Isn't Quentin growing into a gorgeous boy?
Briony
x

weaverpat said...

Good luck with the selling blog. There are some very nice things there from very talented craftspersons.
It's always a joy (ha-ha!) to have kitty helpers. They seem to share so many of our interests and even like to try things out for themselves.
You did it! You saved us from the snowstorm!!! We didn't even get a flake. You do realize that if you had stayed, we would have gotten a foot of snow!

Ann said...

Joanne, I checked out your new selling venue this morning - very nice! Good Luck. Your boys are just too funny, such big helpers - all 3 of them.

I am glad to have gotten to "know" so many neat gals online too. Glad I can count you as one of them. Someday our paths will cross at a rug hooking event - hopefully at Sauder Village.

~Ann

The Barn Door said...

Oh my how Quentin has grown!!! He' so handsome!
Karen & the Hounds

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Congratulations on the new selling adventure! Hope all of you gals do well. Loving what I see so far :)