Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Disco Inferno

I got this in an email from a couple of friends - I do believe this says it all for the weather!


Been doing laundry today and I swear before I even get the clothespin in the clothes I'm hanging out they are dry! Well at least that chore will done earlier.

Last Thursday at Grant Street I didn't take any hooking to work on but some really dark green/black wool and some black wool - I made 4 feather trees.

Here are the two black... (For Halloween)


And the two really dark green/black....


Judy at the Cinnamon Stick will be having another feather tree class for Halloween.  We will be making the black ones.  Let me just say when I took Judy the black one that she hung a Halloween ornie on it and the dark black with the orange looks wonderful and fun!  So if you are interested - contact Judy to sign up - Should be fun! 

Yesterday I met up with Kathy for some shopping, eating, and antiquing.  There is a wool shop going out of business so of course we had to check that out.  Kathy had a gift certificate to use at the fabric store also.  While we were shopping - I was only trying to help her out - Her son is getting married in October and she needs to find an outfit/dress.  Well the only requirements are it has to be black and white.  So what do you think -She could be the Disco Mother of the Groom Queen...





Add some white go go boots and a white scarf....

We even saw a sparkly purse that would match the pants and top! 

Well Kathy decided to "think on it" - I'm thinking she's going to have me run back and get it! HAHAHA!

Thanks for lunch Kathy - it was a fun day!  We have to do this more often and pick different areas.

I think I mentioned before my booboo on buying tomato plants and how we have way too many - I'm thinking this year they will all come in at once.  The smaller ones (cherry tomatoes are starting ) here is our first batch.  The larger ones are all green and will be turning any day now.  It's a chore just keeping up with watering them!  We also had some jalapenos I picked and a cherry pepper but my husband ate them before I took I picture! 


Hope everyone is staying cool!

7 comments:

moosecraft said...

Next time Kathy has to model the outfits herself! lol! I had one tomato ripe enough to pick and a squirrel got to it before I did!!!! boo-hoo-hooooo!

Ann said...

I always enjoy looking at your feather trees. Thanks for posting pictures of the black ones. ~Ann

weaverpat said...

Love the black feather trees!
Hope you found some goodies at the wool shop.
Yep, it's hotter than blazes! All the fans are running here and it's supposed to get worse.
Keep cool and Hope to see you soon.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

I don't know, the outift is "growing" on me :) lol. The attention is supposed to be on the bride, so I'm thinking I might look too good in it? LOL. Too funny.
Was a great day, thanks for all the driving and showing me around!
Tomatoes look great too..

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
I think that outfit has "Kathy" written all over it...lol!
Oh would I love a homegrown tomato!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Rugs and Pugs said...

Joanne ~
I think that outfit has "Kathy" written all over it...lol!
Oh would I love a homegrown tomato!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Rugs and Pugs said...

I didn't type the comment twice. That's a first for me and blogger...lol!