Now they are all packed up and priced and ready to go to the Museum and the Store...
I worked on a bunch of these on Thursday when I took the trip out to Grant St. Once again I forgot about getting my camera out of one of my many bags and to take pictures so I missed taking a pic of Pat and her rug - but she has her rug on her blog and it's just great in person - she's a great "hooker!"
Linda ordered us pizza for dinner. It arrived and I guess we all were so busy working we didn't hear Kathy telling us it was "pizza time" - She did however get our attention with her "Pizza Plate Dance!"
Yep, I think Kathy was still overtired from her previous weekend of running around helping out at the Grant Street Class! Here she is chatting with Nancy - now take notice of her frame... Yep, nothing on there. Just look at that face when I asked her why she wasn't hooking! (Yep, I'm still scared! LOL) She informed me her rug fell into her bag!
Jill was working away on her rug - I believe she started this in her class the previous weekend...
Jenny finished her rug for her daughter (forgot to get a picture) while she was there! She is always smiling!
At one point during the evening Kathy and Jill and I played camera wars...
And let us know forget the Queen of Grant Street... (I believe she was practicing her parade wave!)
Her Ladyship was getting a bit silly and not sure what she was doing here? Putting a spell on Sherri with wool? Fitting her for a wool hat?! (I don't believe she caught up on her sleep from the previous weekend yet either!)
I do believe Sherri was waiting for the next attack of wool!
Tanya seemed busy most of the night cutting wool - I think she really likes that Townsend!
I left pretty early that night (11:00 - and yes that was "early"). Made it home safely and it was a nice drive as it was a nice night out.
Sunday afternoon I went to a Basket/Vera Bradley bingo- it was a benefit for Alzheimers. Well even after about 20 games I couldn't yell "bingo' and win something - but I did manage to win a $25 gift cert to a local diner and then i won one of the raffles! Couldn't believe it- I got this HUGE Vera Bradley rolling duffel bag in the cool blue/brown print (I'm not a fan of a lot of VB's print but this one and the one red one I love)!
Tomorrow will be errand day and delivering rugs and not sure yet what the rest of the week will hold! I do have to straighten up my rug hooking room and also deal with some other issues but will keep smiling!
Have a great week.





















11 comments:
You have quite a collection of AWESOME rugs. You have been one busy gal getting them all finished. I'm sure lots of folks will be oohing and ahhing and deciding just which ones will be perfect for them. So many great ones it would be hard to choose!
You gals look like you always have soooo much fun!
Wow Joanne! Those rugs for the museum are gorgeous!!! Going to be the star of the gift shop! The pizza plate dance is really cute! And, Sherri's look after the linda attack is like "I'll get you when your back is turned!!!" LOL! Fun stuff!
Oh Joanne! I didn't see the rug with the Little Mooses when you were here at C-burg! That one is adorable!!!
They will be sold in no time!
Hope your week is going well.
You have been busy! Sorry I missed you at Grant St. Hope to see you next time.
Okay, this blog was quite amusing with all the description of pictures!! Kathy kinda scared me that night too!! but we know how "spent" she felt. I think tonya was so caught up in conversation with Linda she was turning the cutter wheel really sloooooow!! LOL! and Sheerri looking on guard in that picture was sooo funny!!!and my last comment...I AM SO GLAD I STARTED ATKINS after seeng that picture!!! ~ Jill
Great rugs Joanne, I'm sure she will want them all!
LOL, you and your pictures! You and Jill SHOULD be afraid, very afraid. I'm supposed to be the one behind the camera, not in front of it!!! and my rug did fall into my bag :)....
You really did a lot of hooking this year. I hope they do well and you sell out. I had a winning streak for 3 days, nothing since, lol.
Debbie
Joanne ~
That's a whole heck of a lot of rugs! How do you do it? Did you use up tons of your worms?
Thanks for the Grant Street Report!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
My goodness Joann you have been as busy as a whole "swarm" of bees!!! All the rugs look great - better than that even - Hope all sell and bring you lots of $$$'s !! What a fun time you have with the Grant Street girls...(that is what she calls you gals back here) !!! Sending hugs for that you conquer the "issue" !! XO, Judy
Holy Schmoly, woman! That is a LOT of rugs! All look great! Looks like your time with the girls was fun. And, the Vera Bradley bag! That rocks!
Holy Schmoly, woman! That is a LOT of rugs! All look great! Looks like your time with the girls was fun. And, the Vera Bradley bag! That rocks!
Post a Comment