Friday, February 13, 2009

Round and Round the "Roundabouts"

Happy Friday!

Well this week my birthday surprises continued! My friend Betty sent me a candle cuff (Candle Muff, Candle Collar) she made - she did a wonderful job - it's so nice and prim -and there is a black kitty on their to boot! The candle she sent was yummy too Honey Vanilla - mmm smells good - I love the candle container too - it looks like an agate milk can - I have a small collection of tin milk cans so this fits right in! Check out her blog, http://primitivebettys.blogspot.com/, Betty is one talented lady and has a better picture of the candle cuff - She also has lots of gorgeous freebie patterns on her site!

Today I got up early (at least for me lately with this darn cold) and set out to Flemington, New Jersey to go to a Guild Meeting. I belong to the Hunterdon Rug Guild so decided to go show my support today. Sharon, a friend of mine and also a member of the guild was coming too so it made the day fun! Here's a pic of Miss Sharon and her big smile - this is a woman that is forever bringing smiles to everyone with her humor and positive energy!


Sharon surprised me a with a present she just made last nite! A beautiful wool heart - I love it. She did a great job - the wool is "weaved" and the back of the heart looks like the front.

Here's a close-up -
After I took the picture - Riley had his head on it like a pillow but moved when i tried to take a picture! It's now safely displayed - Thanks so much Sharon!

The reason for the title - Round the Roundabouts is that part of Jersey has so many "circles" - I followed Sharon to the restaurant where we had lunch and I think we went thru three of those darn circles - Sometimes they make you feel you are taking your life in your hands going round and round them! To be sure I was going home the right way I put on my Garmin and it kept saying "in .2 miles take Roundabout and take 3rd exit" over and over! LOL! Too funny

Now I'm at home and trying to decide what to hook next - just can't seem to get started on a project. I know once I start I'll go to town - it's the getting started that has me stalled! I narrowed it down to two patterns I bought in Vermont and have them layed out on the floor in front me - just trying to decide!

I read several more books this week and then took a bag of books to the paperback trader - Told myself I would not buy anymore as I have a lot lined up to read, but somehow two more came home with me. It's kinda like wool with me - I can't resist a book - love savoring a book but when i start reading one I can't stop and that's all I do - then I'm sad to see it end! Same with my rugs! Hmmm is this an addiction? Books, Wool? I will have to think about this one - guess it could be worse!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love and chocolate!

Hugs everyone - Joanne

6 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Joanne~ Nice presents! Sounds like you and Sharon had a great time. You are so lucky to have a guild to belong to. Happy Valentine's Day!!

From Sherry's Heart said...

Joanne I would have LOVED to join you & my ol' buddy Sharon!!!!!
Sharon & I used to say we'd be dangerous if we got together LOL!!!
Moosey,if you read this The Queen says you're a real cutie!!!!!

Joanne THAT'S why I don't read anymore!!!! Can't put it down,then don't do my work!!!!

Sherry aka:The Queen

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. Great picture of Sharon and her smile. Wish our guild were more accessible, looks like fun. Wonderful heart and cuff, hand made presents are so nice when they are from friends.

Debbie

primitivebettys said...

Happy Birthday to you again Joanne :) It looks like you both had a great time today. It would have been really nice to join you.

Oh, and the roundy round things... our small town has now been officially wrapped up with that mania. We have 2 new one as of this year.

moosecraft said...

Whoops! I've been outted!!! LOL! Glad you got home safe Joanne! I always feel like I'm in a blender when going through those roundabouts! Nice to see that Riley has adopted the heart as a pillow! ;-) Thanks to Joanne for inviting me to the guild or I would have never have known about it... the women there are so nice, and I always leave there inspired to start a rug! Hugs to Julie, Sherry, Debbie and Betty too!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love what Betty and Sharon made you for your birthday Joanne. Glad it continued for you! Nice way to spread it out.
Looks like you had a wonderful time with Sharon in NJ. Glad to see her picture and put a face to the name too! About those circles lol. Born and raised in NJ, we always used to yell out YAHOO as we went around them, because you literally were putting your life out on a limb. Some of them can be really crazy!! I see a bunch of rugs on the floor in the picture with Sharon. Looks like a lot of eye candy was to be shared there!
Happy Valentines Day to you and your hubby!!