Met my parents out there and we shopped and then had lunch and then went for the stand they bought - They replaced their TV and of course everything is flat screen now and wide - so their previous TV cabinet wouldn't hold their new one - Whew - their new cabinet just fit in the car! Followed them home and my Dad and I drug in their new cabinet and got everything set up - looks nice! But the nice thing is - guess who received their old one! Me! I was happy as I didn't really like my TV stand. Here's a picture of my "new" one!
My husband and I picked this up - this was a really tight squeeze to get in my little Subaru but we did it - of course when we picked it up it was like 12 degrees and this sucker is heavy (or I'm getting too old for lifting and moving furniture) This wasn't in the house 30 seconds and Riley was on top of it! I haven't put anything really on top of this yet - I'm hoping now that it's been in the house a week Riley will get bored with it and I can "decorate" - You can't see it but that is a quilt my Mom made years ago for me (bear claw design) and it's hanging by a quilt shelf - Well my guy Riley gets his butt up there! Scares me to death! Our TV used to sit on a stand on a swivel and was always afraid he and the TV would go flying - had pillows on the shelf to try to keep him off the shelf (it's only 10 inches from the ceiling) but no - i'd come home and the pillows would be on the floor!) Now at least the TV is safe from him in the cabinet and it's not as far as a jump! I may just have to put a cat basket up there - Not sure yet. My mom sent me home with the linen topper she had on the stand - and you can't see it very well but my Mom thinks the "lace" on this linen was crocheted by my Grandfather- I didn't really know him - he was in an accident with my brother and two cousins when I was 3 years old and died when I was 11 (he was in the hospital all those years) but he was a rug braider, awning maker, and much more - My mom's side of the family is very creative! The rest of the week I cleaned out some closets, some drawers and organized things - felt good - no more socks with holes! Riley was my constant companion all week - it is too funnybut he was so busy "helping" me that by the end of the day his furry butt was dragging staying up all day without his cap naps - He just loves to see what I do next I think! Miles of course was down on his heating pad and would come up for a snack and drink and then right back to his heating pad. Poor guy just doesn't move as well these days!
Earlier tonite - i finally got on the computer to get caught up with emails and "blog reading" - still more to go - and this is what i see when i look down - My guy wants to play - he just sits there and stares at me until i stop what I'm doing and play with him!
We just played "rubber band" and "mouse" for a long while - now he's curled up at my hip. I'm hoping to get to hooking tonite - seems like forever since i pulled a loop!Today I was taken out to lunch by my former employer and when i went out today I couldn't believe the weather - it was 53 degrees! (Earlier this week it was in the single digits!) It certainly gave me a spring in my step feeling like "Spring!" It's apparently going to be short lived but I did enjoy it!
Here's an adorable video - check it out - it just goes to show how nice it is to have friends! (Watch it to the end - it's less than 2 minutes!)
Have a great weekend joanne

4 comments:
Joanne, Congrat's on getting so much done! Has to feel good...
Love your new tv cabinet. Looks great in that spot. Love hearing about Riley, he is such a character. That video is sooooo sweet! Thanks for sharing it!
Hope you get to the hooking you want to do...
The new cabinet looks nice with your decorations. Nice to have one that hides the tv when not in use.
Debbie
Hey, Joanne! Wanna float with me? I'll hold your flipper...er...hand! We could just float with the current and chat.
I love your new TV cabinet. I don't know what your parents' new one looks like but I think you got the better end of the deal. And you drive a Surbaru? We owned 3 of them when we were in Maine...great cars!
As for keeping Riley off the TV center, don't hold your breath. My daughter has a huge entertainment center and one of her cats, Whiskers, gets up there and "re-arranges" everything so she can spread out and be comfy.
I love your pictures of Riley. He's got that look on his face of "C'mon, Mom, let's play!" What a cutie he is! But I think I'm feeling more like Miles today --- where's my heating pad? After getting up to 65 on Thursday, today it's all of 9 out and we got a dusting of snow last night. Thankfully, the streets are clear because I'm taking Gerry to a pool tournament for "55 and older" but rather than stay and play myself, I'm getting a haircut and running errands on my own.
Have a good Saturday and I hope you find the time to pull some loops. Even though I have to go out, I'd be better off curling up and pulling some loops of my own....with the cats watching!
YAY! Joanne...you got some stuff done! Unlike me. I dawdle here too much. Love the cat photos...having none of my own, as you know. The tv cabinet is way cool! Have seen the video before, but it's so cute, I couldn't pass it up when I saw it here.
Post a Comment