Well I just made a pot of tea and plan on taking a bubble bath and then start this rug for my Ma for Christmas - She collects Santa's - so I'm pondering on how to do the background and even the tree and stocking - She has an area in her dining room she keeps some select Santa's out all year so I'm thinking maybe i'll make it a Santa "off season" = Thought about doing a Hawaii shirt coat theme but that's so not my Mother! LOL! Any ideas out there? But then again I can see this in all the traditional colors - maybe I'll do that and turn it into a large pillow! oh I don't know! I'll sit and start hooking and hopefully something will come to me!

Today I got a cute email from a friend about a cat and mouse - Well years ago back before we bought this house we lived in a half of house that had a bathroom with two doors and a room behind each door and had our three little loves at that time - Sid, Nicky and Miles - One morning I awoke to a commotion only to see Miles chasing a mouse and Nicky was chasing Miles chasing the mouse and in turn Sid was chasing Nicky and Miles and the Mouse - Well they were running back and forth thru the bathroom between the two bedrooms - I got everyone cornered in the bathroom and shut the doors - The boys were totally freaking out and then I'm thinking where's the mouse? Then I see Miles and Nicky totally circling Sid doing figure 8's as they do - and there is Sid just sitting there looking around like "what's happening" - there sitting under Sid's front paws is the little mouse looking like he was tucked away in a cave! I nearly lost it but I kept my cool and threw a towel over Sid thinking i could get the mouse that way (duh - yep I'm a real mouse hunter aren't I?) Well the mouse scurries out and under the door and I couldn't stop laughing for about an hour - oh where is a video camera or camera when you need it! Well needless to say that little mouse wasn't found for 3 more days (but that's another story!) So anyway that got me to thinking about Sid - my very first cat- He was in our lives for too short of a time (1989 to 2004), losing him to chronic renal failure, and everyday he is still missed - he was a very big presence (and a very loud mouth!) in our house . This is the only picture I have on digital of him - he always looked "gruff" in his pictures but he was a loyal loving friend that was always there for us.

After work today i delivered my rugs where they needed to be and stopped in a handcraft store - only handmade items allowed in here and must be made in US -Well here is one of my finds - isn't this too cute - He's called "PinPuss" - He just had to come home with me - I won't show you my other "finds" as they may end up in some of my friends Christmas packages!


2 comments:
That is too funny!! How did he do that while he was sleeping, cats are such contortionists...LOL!
I love that story about your craft room, sounds like mine. Afraid if I am in there too long I will just get sucked in and disappear! Hugs! Cathy
Okay, Joanne...not only is my wool room a mess, but now, with sewing Christmas gifts, my sunroom is a full of cotton fabrics! YIKES! hahaha...I will be relieved when the gifts are all finished and then I can straighten up. Need to find a hooking project for something different to work on between the sewing gifts. I like your Santa pattern...your Mom will LOVE it! I have always loved the deep rich green robe on Santa.
Post a Comment